Menu

Math Basic Fact Copywork

I am trying to remember if someone here mentioned this. My oldest can't remember the facts even one day later. He also counts out most of them. I was thinking it might help.

Any other ideas out there non computer related? We do addition and subtraction cards everyday and just started multiplication.

That sounds like a neat program. I will have to check that out for my oldest.

One other resource that I know about but do not have it. Mile High math fact computer program. I heard it is very very good! I plan on getting that this summer (beginning of summer) so the kids can keep up with their math facts.

Holly

I'm trying Calculadders this year with all my kiddos. I know I can get worksheets to fill in from many places but these give me a time goal for each page. We keep track of each pages score and time on a graphical chart that they provide. It's a great quick view of their progress... and yep I make them do the same page till they can meet or beat the time. :eek:

I am trying to remember if someone here mentioned this. My oldest can't remember the facts even one day later. He also counts out most of them. I was thinking it might help.

Any other ideas out there non computer related? We do addition and subtraction cards everyday and just started multiplication.

I had mentioned it the other day. There is a book called Math Facts Copywork (or something like that), but I'm too cheap to buy it, ;) so I figured out that I could make up my own copywork sheets that went in the same order as our Saxon lessons, which groups facts together to make it easier to remember. This has helped my ds quite a lot. There is something about the kinesthetic act of writing in combination with the visual that cements it in his mind better than flashcards did.