Menu

Where do you order Cambridge Latin in the US?

mo2

Hmmm. Okay, what all is needed? Just the book and the workbook?

You can get Cambridge Latin from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc. The version available in the US is the North American edition. It is slightly different from the UK version.

Of course, you'll want the textbook. There's also a workbook available as well as an audio CD.

Here's the website for the North American Cambridge Classics Project:

http://www.cambridgelatin.com

They have a separate catalog on their resources page. It contains supplementary worksheets, vocabulary guides, quizzes, activities, etc.

You'll find a free scope and sequence there too, which is excellent for keeping track of the grammar and culture concepts taught.

Rainbow Resource Catalog carries Cambridge, also.

I use their student text, teacher's edition, and the audio cd.

I purchased the Omnibus Workbook for Book I (We're just starting Book II), but didn't use it much at all so I didn't get it for Book II.

ALso - the website link that "latinteach" just sent you in the previous reply is invaluable as it has vocab practice, grammar practice, a dictionary online for each Unit, and some the stories online for easier use, too.

The audio cd has a few of the stories for each Stage and my boys like listening to them because of the actor's "act" out the stories a bit with their voices!

The teacher's edition is useful - the first half gives you detailed information about the unit and the last half gives all the answers/translations for the student text as well as for the workbook.

Soon I'll be looking for Book 3 material - anybody out there ready to sell it soon! Ha!

Myra