Menu

What a heartwarming surprise in my mailbox

Before Christmas my ds (6) wrote a lovely letter to a member of the Canadian Armed Forces. We went online and he selected which country he wished to send it to. You just address it to Armed Forces Member as we were not writing to anyone specific. He chose to send it to a soldier in Kabul. It was a sweet letter. He is a sensitive guy, and it was obvious that he put a lot into it and the picture he drew to go with it. (On a rare moment of trying not to keep everything the child makes I did not make a copy of it :(

So this morning we received a very touching letter from a soldier in Kabul. He answered ds' questions about the children and the schools in Kabul.

He offered to answer any other questions that ds has.

It really was touching. I'm guessing that he is in his late 20's and it makes me so appreciative (on top of everything else he does) that he would take the time to write such a positive letter back to my son.

I've got to quote the letter if I may as it makes me so proud

"I am so proud of you for taking the time to write me such a fine letter. It shows you are a very bright young man. It means so much to us to have smart young people show their support like you did."

He talks a bit more and then adds this

P.S. your writing skills are excellent

Ok, I have to admit that part just did me in :lol: He puts his life at risk regularly for others, he writes my son a very sweet letter and to top it off he appreciates writing skills! His mama must be very, very proud!

Edited by mamapjama