Menu

We're going to China!!

I just got back from booking our tour! I'm so psyched!

It covers Shanghai, Beijing and Xian! We'll see Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall, the Beijing flea Market, the Terra Cotta Warrior aned Horses and a number of other things! I can't wait. It's a full packed trip, only 8 days. They had an 11 day tour, but I don't think my son would have made it through 11 days, which is really a bummer, those three extra days would have only been an addition $300 a person. But he'll be just too worn out before these 8 are up I bet.

We are so excited! My son's wanted to see the Great Wall since he first read about it when he was 4 1/2 doing Asia in Galloping the Globe. When we found out we were coming over here every rocky wall he saw he asked if that was the Great Wall at first! LOL!

We didn't think we'd be able to do it, since we coming home to the states a year early, but it all worked out! And it's coming in way cheaper than I ever thought it would at only $7000! Now we just need to get as far as Ancient China in history before we go in April!

Our family has been to China twice -- to adopt babies. We spent 3 weeks during the first trip. We spent the first full week in Beijing going to all the places you mention. You will love it!

My kids talk about China all the time. When we see the Great Wall in a book or on TV they think it's awesome to have been there.

We will take both girls back to their homeland when they get older. China is still in our hearts....