Menu

Prayers for 15yodd please!

She is going in tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. to have her wisdom teeth removed. They are all 4 going to have to be removed from below the gums (totally cut out). They are growing in forward, toward her other teeth so there isn't a chance they would ever actually break the skin. They have been causing her considerable pain for the last couple of months and this is the first appt they had to remove them!

She will be having full anesthesia due to the complexity of the removal. She is very nervous, as am I (I hate anesthesia). I'd really appreciate prayers.

Just some encouragement - I had this done when I was 18 and, while the places hurt pretty badly and the pain medicine made me pretty loopy, it was a successful operation. Even though, as the surgeon told me, one was growing around a nerve to that, if nicked, could possibly partially paralyse my tongue or something. (I'm a vocalist by training, so that would be very bad!) People prayed, the surgeon operated, God worked, and everything was fine. Even though my then-boyfriend (now husband) got to see me in some very odd moments as he helped my mom care for me since my father was away on a business trip at the time . . .

Praying!

Mama Anna

I'll pray. I had the same thing done around her age. Is she prepared for the "chipmunk face" that will come later? The swelling can be awful and last for several days. I do wish we'd gotten a photo, though, as I can't get my dc to understand what I looked like. Think your dd will be a good sport and let you take one to show her dc someday? :)

Things went pretty rough. The oral surgeon said her were very difficult to remove (they were growing in forward, and parts had to be dug from under the teeth in front of them). They have her in a compression wrap for the swelling and she has to wear it without removing it at ALL for 48 hours. Her swelling is bad right now, and he said to expect it to be MUCH worse within 72 hours. He told me to have her sleep in a recliner to try and help keep it down.

She was SO upset when we left. She just kept tearing up and crying on the way home. I'm sure the meds had something to do with it. It just looks so bad! I feel for her. This is my prissy little perfect princess 15yo who never has a hair out of place! And she's a drama queen too so this is NOT helping matters! :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, prayers for a quick recovery, and that her face doesn't swell as badly as they are expecting. Thank you all!

Dd has a friend coming by this evening and she was distressed over the lack of makeup (she obviously couldn't wear any this morning). Well, right now, 17yodd is in there gently dabbing a little makeup on her and trying to fix her hair around her giant head wrap so she can look a little more presentable for her friend.

Even though it's fairly silly (to me) to do that, those types of things just warm my heart. It just reminds me that my kids really can love one another and be kind to one another when it really matters. Thank you Lord!

Bless her heart! Please tell her that I had the exact same thing done when I was 15 (in the hospital, full anesthesia). And my swelling was pretty awful. But I'm sure it won't be long before she's greatly improved. But at that age, it feels like forever.

Send her some :grouphug::grouphug:

Wow--her situation is EXACTLY what mine was when I had mine out at 14! My face swelled up like a chipmunk's (thanks Mom, for taking a picture for posterity!) It took me a good week to recover and I spent a lot of time watching TV and eating strawberry ice cream since I was too miserable to do much else.