Menu

Little House tv series

My 11yo son with mild mr and mild autism loves tv when he's sick on the couch. He's been sick lots this fall and winter.

Anyway, we just completed 9 seasons of Little House! Mostly he watched, but it's been the background noise in our home every afternoon for 6 months!

It's really been fun. It's the first non-cartoon type of show he's ever watched, and I really enjoyed sharing them with him and our other children.

Just a few thoughts!

1. Season 1 is the best!

2. When I was a kid I loved Laura and Almanzo, but now Pa and Ma rule! Laura and Almanzo are cute at first, but they fight like cats and dogs in season 8 & 9. I love Pa and Ma's relationship though.

3. Our kids say I'm "Ma-ish" all the time now. My husband is "Pa-ish". This is the highest compliment they could pay us :).

4. The books are better of course. I've read the first 4 to them twice! But, there is also nothing better than a good cry with the tv show.

That's all! My son just popped in Season 1 disc 1, so we start anew!!

Any other huge Little House fans?

Edited by LNC

My 11yo son with mild mr and mild autism loves tv when he's sick on the couch. He's been sick lots this fall and winter.

Anyway, we just completed 9 seasons of Little House! Mostly he watched, but it's been the background noise in our home every afternoon for 6 months!

It's really been fun. It's the first non-cartoon type of show he's ever watched, and I really enjoyed sharing them with him and our other children.

Just a few thoughts!

1. Season 1 is the best!

2. When I was a kid I loved Laura and Almanzo, but now Pa and Ma rule! Laura and Almanzo are cute at first, but they fight like cats and dogs in season 8 & 9. I love Pa and Ma's relationship though.

3. Our kids say I'm "Ma-ish" all the time now. My husband is "Pa-ish". This is the highest compliment they could pay us :).

4. The books are better of course. I've read the first 4 to them twice! But, there is also nothing better than a good cry with the tv show.

That's all! My son just popped in Season 1 disc 1, so we start anew!!

Any other huge Little House fans?

I LOVED the show as a kid!! We don't get cable but when we were living at my parents' house for a while when my son was nursing I would always watch re-runs and I swear Pa made me cry EVERY.SINGLE.episode!! :-)