Menu

Question about where to make a digital memory or scrapbook

A few months ago (or maybe longer), someone posted that she'd made a nice book online. I think it was about their vacation, and it included pictures and some text. After she finished it, anyone who wanted to buy a copy of it could - I think the book was printed to order and then mailed to the recipients. From the online preview, it appeared to be very good quality, and the lady who made the book was very happy with the book.

Does anyone remember the website for this?????

Thanks!

I didn't see the original post you are referring to .... but I have had photobooks printed at several online vendors and have been pleased with them all. I do, however, recommend hard-bound as opposed to soft-bound... the soft-bound one the pages started to pop out because the glue didn't bind them in well enough to be handled often.

Shutterfly

Snapfish

MyPublisher

If you are going to use a lot of text - you may prefer Blurb.

I went to Uganda, Africa last summer. As soon as I got home I immediately downloaded my photos and created a photobook with pictures and journaling. I had the hard-bound copy in my hands one week after I got home!

I also created my own web-site through www.shutterfly.com since I already had my photos downloaded there (I made my photobook through Shutterfly) I spent about 30 minutes and created my own personal web page with pictures and some journaling that was EASY to share with family and friends (FREE TOO!). Family and friends can purchase photos or just enjoy looking at the pictures.

With Shutterfly you also have the option of sending someone your photobook to preview--if they want a copy they can purchase it through the link.

Shutterfly and www.snapfish.com are my main photo 'places to go'. I made some great gift mugs through Snapfish--and I'm currently finishing up a family calendar with them too.

Hope this helps! Both sites are free and have special offers all the time.

Jann

Heritage Makers allows you to totally customize each page and both covers of your book. I highly recommend them-I made a 50th wedding anniversary book for my folks with them, and ordered copies for all the kids. I also made a shutterfly book, but the quality of Heritage Makers is much better. email me directly if you want more info(I used to be a consultant with them).

we just got back from vacation and for the past few years I was just storing my pics on snapfish and printing a few occassinally. but i'd like to do a scrapbook where I add some of the memorablia from the trip like maps and writbands, pamphlets, should i scan them in and then write some text for each pic/page or should i print the pics and do it the old fashioned way of getting a scrap book and pasting/taping things in

but i'd like to do a scrapbook where I add some of the memorablia from the trip like maps and writbands, pamphlets, should i scan them in and then write some text for each pic/page or should i print the pics and do it the old fashioned way of getting a scrap book and pasting/taping things in

I made "scrapbooks" for my kids this Christmas with pictures and souveniers from all of their performances. In addition to photos, I had ticket stubs and programs and scripts and notes from directors and so on. I just scanned all of those items and put the images in the books. I used Shutterfly, and we're very happy with the results.

Well, I don't have a hard copy in my hand yet, but we did a yearbook for our co-op last year and we just ordered through Blurb.com. What we did was make a digital scrapbook page in Photoshop with free digital papers, embellishments, and text. We then saved the whole page as a jpg and then uploaded it into the Blurb bookmaking program. Like I said, we just placed the order so I haven't seen the quality, but we wanted a little more flair than just the pictues and the words you could type in. Making a digital scrapbook page "seems" to have worked out well.

At blurb you can download their book software for free. You have to do this in order to make a book. It doesn't take very long. If you want to use what blurb already provides in their software, you are ready to go. If you want to make some digital scrapbook pages and then add them into the blurb book software, then you will need another photo software program to design the digital scrapbook page. Then you will pull the scrapbook page into the blurb book.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1184951547051#versionTabview=tab0&tabview=tab0 this is a site where you can try photo software for free. This would allow you to make a page.

http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com/ this site allows you to download digital scrapbooking material for free.

Does that help?