Menu

Am I the only one who finds IEW dvds painful to watch?

sassenach

I do see the value in them, but my gosh! He just goes on and on and on. I find myself zoning out when he goes off into one of his stories. It just feels like the program could be just a little more condensed. His speaking style (and voice- eek, that's mean of me) are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I just need to get that out. All done!

I do see the value in them, but my gosh! He just goes on and on and on. I find myself zoning out when he goes off into one of his stories. It just feels like the program could be just a little more condensed. His speaking style (and voice- eek, that's mean of me) are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I just need to get that out. All done!

Ummm. . .

He's a good "speaker". Clear, comfortable presence and all that. His stories are related to his topic, generally, but I rarely feel they are necessary.

His voice causes issues in my teens (they both have the deep, booming voice of their father). The enunciation of "wh" words drive them batty.

And for the record, my teens never said "like" or "you know" a lot in their speech till after we watched his DVD and he made some comment about how teens always talk with those words liberally scattered through. It makes me want to scream. (It started because they were making fun of him and what he was saying, and now it's become a habit.)

It's a good program though. . .and I think it really helped me to see / hear it. (Though I do plan on getting the "base" book.)

I use SWI C to teach at co-op. So I review and then live teach it. Everytime my dh even hears his voice, he says, "Uggh, not him again."

I was listening to his free mp3 files that he has posted on his website while I was in the kitchen.

My dh comes in and says, "Oh noooooooooo!" And then he turns around and leaves.

But I have to say that the audio download was so interesting that an hour or so later, my dh was listening too.

I have to say that I watched him and when I was able to briefly meet him...I can just say...I like the guy! He's nice, personable and well spoken. Maybe you don't like his voice, but I just needed a great writing program....and this was it. Also, I just love the fact that he homeschooled and he's just a regular guy!

Carrie:-) (I was so excited to meet him, you'd think that he was a movie star or something:-)