Menu

I am over it - 2 break-ins in two days!

Yesterday, dh brought everyone to the hospital to see the baby. When he got home, someone had kicked our front door in.:glare: They didn't take anything, but I imagine it was because of the 2 100-pound dogs we own!:D

This morning, they piled heavy boxes of flooring in front of the door and he left for about an hour to take the oldest to school. When he came home, the boxes had been kicked over and the dogs were outside (the dogs couldn't have done it.)

We're getting new doors tomorrow (and reinforcing the door jams.)

It makes me NUTS that someone is doing this. We knew it would happen eventually (bad neighborhood), but that doesn't make it feel any better! They can have my stuff, just stay out of my house, KWIM?

Dh called this morning and the deputy wanted to know if we had any suspects.:001_huh: I thought that was his job?:tongue_smilie:

Sounds like someone is watching your house. I know how I'd take care of someone kicking my door down to get in. Sorry for those that are offended by my mindset but for Pete's sake..........kicking the door down? Actually, I'm not sorry. That would be scary as crap, and who knows what else they might do. I hope your dogs bite.

Sounds like someone is watching your house. I know how I'd take care of someone kicking my door down to get in. Sorry for those that are offended by my mindset but for Pete's sake..........kicking the door down? Actually, I'm not sorry. That would be scary as crap, and who knows what else they might do. I hope your dogs bite.

My dh has the same mindset - if we knew who it was....:glare:

The neighborhood s*cks. It could be anyone.

That's lousy!!! Have you considered one of those internet-connected video cameras? They start recording onto a website when motion is detected.

I'll be honest - we did discuss that, but then they'd just have something else to take!:lol::lol: Even if we had a picture, we'd still have to figure out who it was and where they lived. Our sheriff's dept. isn't known for their investigative skills!:tongue_smilie:

I do not understand what makes people think they have a right to other people's stuff. Hopefully, your dogs can educate them.

Oh- and we had someone break a window and the officer who came told us to call if we got any evidence.

I can see that a broken window is not important, especially in a high crime area. But we live in a very low crime area.

I just shook my head at him telling me to get the evidence and bring it to him. No problem.

Edited by Blessedfamily