Menu

Scholastic Dollar Days

I am curious if anyone else has ever placed an order through Scholastic during their Dollar Days special? I placed an order almost 3 weeks ago and finally called today because I hadn't a) been charged and b) heard anything regarding my order.

The customer service person told me that Scholastic was "a couple of thousand" calls behind in their verification process since they have to verify all homeschool orders to make sure we actually homeschool. Not only that but if the items I ordered 2 + weeks ago are not pulled from stock and could now be out of stock and if that is the case, too bad for me.

Anyone have an experience with Scholastic Dollar Days?

I have never used that specific special, but I order from them a lot. However I do it through my co-op. One of the leaders somehow set up the account in such a way that we are considered a "school". She tells us when we can browse and order (we do it online) and when the order must be in by. So basically I order just like a parent of a ps child would and it is very easy. If you are a part of a co-op, you might want to look into ordering this way.

HTH!

I have heard many "horror stories" when it comes to this event. I ordered a few things last year and finally received them without an issue. Others were not so fortunate. I stay far away from that sale now.

How are they verifying homeschoolers? They call you? If you lied online wouldn't you simply lie on the phone? That seems odd and like a bad business practice to me. :confused:

I have heard many "horror stories" when it comes to this event. I ordered a few things last year and finally received them without an issue. Others were not so fortunate. I stay far away from that sale now.

How are they verifying homeschoolers? They call you? If you lied online wouldn't you simply lie on the phone? That seems odd and like a bad business practice to me. :confused:

I asked about the verification process as well. I was told that first I'd have to have school age children. (Umm...ok?) And that if I was registered with the school district they could verify that. I told her we are not registered with the schools but with an umbrella school. She was quite rude and I really had to just get off the phone before I became rude as well.

I asked about the verification process as well. I was told that first I'd have to have school age children. (Umm...ok?) And that if I was registered with the school district they could verify that. I told her we are not registered with the schools but with an umbrella school. She was quite rude and I really had to just get off the phone before I became rude as well.

That is unfortunate. :grouphug:

Wow, how weird. I've ordered from the Dollar Days sell for three years now, and I've never had any problem. Do you get there book club catalogs throughout the year? I do, so maybe that has something to do with it. When I first started ordering form the book clubs, I just gave them my name and told them I was a homeschool mom. I know they didn't verify because my oldest was only in K, and we don't register with the state until age 7.

I'm sorry that you've had trouble with them.

I just ordered from them and had no problems. I was already registered with them as a homeschooler however because of the book club. When I registered with the book club though, it took about a week for them to finally OK me to access the teacher stuff. I would imagine that if they go through a process and they have a lot of people trying to register because of Dollar Days, it would cause some congestion.

I have ordered for the last couple years during the Dollar Days and have never had a problem, either. I, also, am set up with an account. We ordered from there catalogs sporadically.

I ordered this year and have already recieved my order. They were very quick and prompt with the shipment.

I'm so sorry that you had a less then desirable experience.