Menu

Anyone have a Stokke chair with a baby rail?

I love these Stokke chairs! I wish, wish, wish, I'd bought one for each child years ago. (They're way too pricey new, but I found a couple, used, for about $50 each on craigslist by diligently checking for posts.) I got one for my 9 month old niece for whom I care during the day, but my 8 and 6 year olds love it. They can sit up at the table without their feet dangling in the air. It's made a big difference in their handwriting and comfort in working at the dining room table. I'm tempted to get one for each, if I can find a couple more used.

Anyhow, I just bought a baby rail, also used. I can _not_ figure out how this baby rail is supposed to be installed. Since I got this chair used, maybe the rails don't fit older chairs? Does anyone have a Stokke with a baby rail? How'd you attach it?! (I've already checked the Stokke FAQ's and User Guide on line, but couldn't find anything specifically about the baby rail...)

yvonne

Thanks for replying, Ottakee. They are great, aren't they?

No, I took the back supports out and tried to put the baby rail between them, but couldn't screw the back supports back in with the baby rail between them. Drat. There's got to be some trick to this.

Thanks for the suggestion, Laura. I cannot get that middle piece to fit in the hole in the seat board. On the amazon photo, it looks like there's some sort of plastic piece that juts out a little from under the seat board with a hole to fit the middle piece of the rail in.

DaisyChic and Mamato3, thank you so much for the alternative chairs!! I'm going to start looking for those on craigslist for our "school table." :)

yvonne

Thanks for the suggestion, Laura. I cannot get that middle piece to fit in the hole in the seat board.

First you put the leather strap through the seat hole from the bottom, leaving the little tag (or whatever it is) on the underside. Then you thread the wooden rail through the loop on the top of the strap, before bending it slightly to get it into the slots.

Laura

I have a Stokke Tripp Trapp with the baby rail. There is a white piece that surrounds the strap on the top of the seat, and it sticks out about from underneath. The tongue of the baby rail snaps into there.

I do think that I remember reading that the rails didn't fit with the Kinderzeat, which was the precursor to the Tripp Trapp.