Menu

R & S Readers.... Anyone use these for Bible?

Kate in VA

I wanted to start bible lessons with my dd next year. she will be 8 yrs old then.... I was thinking about using R & S Readers with the reading workbooks to teach her more about the stories in the bible.... will this work?

We already use Pathways for reading and she loves them but I was thinking of not use the R&S third grade (which she would be doing in Pathways ) but instead use the second grade so instead of focusing on "reading" she will ease through them and take in more of the story.... Make sense?

Will this work? We only use pathways reader not the workbooks and these have been working great ..... What are your thoughts?:confused:

Thanks,

kate

My 8th and 6th graders have gone through the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade R & S

readers, and now my 3rd grader is doing the same.

Those have always been a fave part of their homeschool.

Memorizing the kings in order was always something they enjoyed (and something I still can't do!)

We've used the R&S Reading/Phonics/Bible program from 1st-4th. I really like the fact that all the subjects are combined. The 3rd grade program on Israel & Judah's Kings is amazing.

In 5th grade the reading and Bible components split into two different programs. I stop the reading program and continue with the R&S Bible program only.

My 2nd grader (1st year HS) complained one day, "Mommy, I thought we would be learning more about the Bible in homeschool." Feeling about "this big," I quickly researched Bible curricula and ordered R&S reading for her. She enjoys it, learns a lot, the price is great, and it's so refreshing to order from Rod & Staff--I love calling and having a real live person answer the phone.

Terri

We use them! Every night at bedtime, we read 1-2 chapters to our 6 and 4 year old boys. We *love* them, here. :D

We don't plan to use the workbooks, however, we just talk about what we've read, sometimes I print a color page for the next morning (they loved coloring a picture of David and Goliath a few days back).

These books are something we will use over and over...just like we read our Bibles over and over. ;) Our goal is to read through all levels of grade 2, 3 and 4 each year. We'll probably use them for 2-3 years.

We've used the R&S Reading/Phonics/Bible program from 1st-4th. I really like the fact that all the subjects are combined. The 3rd grade program on Israel & Judah's Kings is amazing.

In 5th grade the reading and Bible components split into two different programs. I stop the reading program and continue with the R&S Bible program only.

We've used R&S Bible for 1st to 4th. I am wanting to change for 5th and go with more literature (not out of a text but primary lit) and do another program for Bible.

Can I ask what you use for your reading program after 4th?

Thanks!