Menu

I need help w/cleaning the screen on my laptop.

Of course I can't find the bottle right now, but we bought a bottle of cleaner from BrandSmart for about 5 dollars and it is made for computer screens and flat screen tv's. We have an LCD computer screen so we don't use just anything on it. It seems to work well.

1/2 alcohol and 1/2 water with a soft cloth is what my IT husband uses. It can be used on the rest of the computer (outside parts), as well. It will leave smears,too, unless you keep wiping until it is COMPLETELY dry. Just keep wiping until the screen is dry and smear free.

Of course I can't find the bottle right now, but we bought a bottle of cleaner from BrandSmart for about 5 dollars and it is made for computer screens and flat screen tv's. We have an LCD computer screen so we don't use just anything on it. It seems to work well.

What kind of store is BrandSmart? I think our screen is LCD. Thanks for chiming in!

Chelle

1/2 alcohol and 1/2 water with a soft cloth is what my IT husband uses. It can be used on the rest of the computer (outside parts), as well. It will leave smears,too, unless you keep wiping until it is COMPLETELY dry. Just keep wiping until the screen is dry and smear free.

Aaaahhh, wiping until it was completely dry would have probably helped w/the wipes I was using. I may not have done that. Thanks for your input.

Chelle

I tried the special wipes for electronic screens, but they just left smears. What have you had success with?

Thanks,

Chelle

I use a used fabric dryer sheet. Always have. If I have spots on my screens (which is rare) I just wipe them with water and after they dry use a dryer sheet.