Menu

I have finally made good coffee.

What a small thing and how stupid of me, really, that it was so difficult. I've experimented with every kind of coffee maker and coffee bean. My dh even went so far as to buy me a super expensive expresso maker. Coffee was still terrible. I gave up and asked him if he could sell it on e-bay and get me a Starbucks gift card instead. I was just predestined to make lousy coffee.

The machine I have grinds the beans before making the coffee but it has an option for preground coffee. I got some Trader Joe's Bolivian coffee beans (I suppose hope springs eternal and all that), ground up a tablespoon, and used the preground option. Absolutely fabulous. I tried it again, fabulous. And again, fabulous. 3 days in a row and the magic is still there!

I get that warm, satisfying, gratifying sensation of the first sip at last.

what is this fabulous machine??

What a small thing and how stupid of me, really, that it was so difficult. I've experimented with every kind of coffee maker and coffee bean. My dh even went so far as to buy me a super expensive expresso maker. Coffee was still terrible. I gave up and asked him if he could sell it on e-bay and get me a Starbucks gift card instead. I was just predestined to make lousy coffee.

The machine I have grinds the beans before making the coffee but it has an option for preground coffee. I got some Trader Joe's Bolivian coffee beans (I suppose hope springs eternal and all that), ground up a tablespoon, and used the preground option. Absolutely fabulous. I tried it again, fabulous. And again, fabulous. 3 days in a row and the magic is still there!

I get that warm, satisfying, gratifying sensation of the first sip at last.

what is this fabulous machine??

I think it is Delonghi Super Duper 5000 or some such. It cost an embarassing amount of money. Though it was a Christmas present, it was a bit of a sore subject between dh and I. I was annoyed he spent that much on a futile endeavor, he did it to give me no excuse to go to Starbucks. :tongue_smilie: