Menu

Tall (Knee-high) leather boots

I have always wanted a pair of tall leather boots. Don't know why... I'm really a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. But that has always been a side of me that wants to be the girl that wears the knee-high leather boots. Anyhow.... a week or so this topic came up and my dh indicated that me in a pair of said boots would would be very nice (or something like that ;)). So, I found a pair on-line that I liked and were affordable (imitation leather) but they were almost out of stock and only had one size. I went ahead and ordered them and they came yesterday. I love them! I am quite petite and was afraid that they would be too big in the calf area but I think they are okay (the do gap out a little but I don't think I'll ever find a pair that is snug in the calf). Problem is.... what do I wear with them? Like I said, I'm really a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl so I don't have anything to wear with boots like this. I'm hoping to hit our re-sale shop this weekend and see if I can find something so I thought I'd ask for suggestions on what to look for. I was thinking a skirt of some type but then what type of top? Or would a dress be better? I haven't shown them to dh yet because I'm hoping to surprise him with the whole outfit on a date or something.

Oh, and they are brown.

Edited to add: Here is a picture. This isn't where I ordered them from but they are the same boots.

https://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=50260&pg=1013139

Edited by Country Girl

I couldnt pull pic, but I got a pr. of knee high boots for Christmas, I am going to wear them w/jeans and any great top or cowl neck. Just like in the past, its back in style to tuck jeans in pants.

Also, I love long skirts or dresses over these boots.

I have always wanted a pair of tall leather boots. Don't know why... I'm really a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. But that has always been a side of me that wants to be the girl that wears the knee-high leather boots. Anyhow.... a week or so this topic came up and my dh indicated that me in a pair of said boots would would be very nice (or something like that ;)). So, I found a pair on-line that I liked and were affordable (imitation leather) but they were almost out of stock and only had one size. I went ahead and ordered them and they came yesterday. I love them! I am quite petite and was afraid that they would be too big in the calf area but I think they are okay (the do gap out a little but I don't think I'll ever find a pair that is snug in the calf). Problem is.... what do I wear with them? Like I said, I'm really a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl so I don't have anything to wear with boots like this. I'm hoping to hit our re-sale shop this weekend and see if I can find something so I thought I'd ask for suggestions on what to look for. I was thinking a skirt of some type but then what type of top? Or would a dress be better? I haven't shown them to dh yet because I'm hoping to surprise him with the whole outfit on a date or something.

Oh, and they are brown.

Edited to add: Here is a picture. This isn't where I ordered them from but they are the same boots.

https://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=50260&pg=1013139

My whole winter work wardrobe revolves around my favourite boots (similar to yours, but no buckle, in black, with a sturdy tread and warmly lined)

Any dress/skirt length will work. Wear dark tights with it. It looks especially nice if you can wear skirt lengths that hit just above the knee and then wear tights too.

I love a nice wool skirt with a crisp white blouse and a fitted jacket over tights and my fabulous boots. Throw a funky scarf on top of that and I feel like a million bucks. :D

I have a great dark burgundy wool wrap dress that comes to just below the knee that also looks marvelous with my boots.

See what you can find that goes with the brown and play with it. You can combine all kinds of tops with a good versatile skirt. A nice long-sleeved t-shirt looks really good with any of my wool skirts. It's a more casual look, but still very stylish. A great pair of boots is wonderful to have! It does wonders for the confidence!

Edited by Audrey

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! They were very helpful and helped steer me in the right direction. I don't live in a really big town so my shopping choices are limited. I did manage to find a brown, corduroy, skirt that hits just above my knees, some textured tights, a sweater, and another shirt that match. I wore the skirt and sweater tonight and felt awesome. Audrey, you were right.... they do help with the confidence. I can definitely see that as I build of my stash of outfits that go with the boots, that they will become a major part of my winter wardrobe.

Thanks!

Audrey, you were right.... they do help with the confidence. I can definitely see that as I build of my stash of outfits that go with the boots, that they will become a major part of my winter wardrobe.

Thanks!

:001_smile: Way to go!

You know.... I used to be a pants only kind of gal before I had my great pair of boots. It didn't take long to be just as comfy in a good skirt and those boots. It makes me feel sassy! :D