Menu

1st weight watchers weigh in (VENT)

Well, I've been exercising my butt off and really staying in the weight watchers guidelines. . .my total weight loss. . .

2.4 lbs

what. . .:001_huh:

I know 1-2 lbs a week is the normal weight loss on this diet, but I thought surely with the exercise I'd do better than that.

I just had to get that out. . .thanks for letting me vent

Lots of things factor in here - don't feel badly! I can remember one week when I was PMSing terribly, and managed to stick with the program anyway. It was SO hard, you know, no chocolate or anything, and I was sure I'd have lost something. Nope. Not an ounce. My weigh-in was exactly the same as the previous week. I was ready to quit, because let me tell you, if being "good" wasn't getting me anywhere, then I would go back to what I was doing before!

The next week, though, I lost 5 pounds! It was great. Definitely made up for that rotten week.

Make sure you drink all your water, more if you can, and eat all the points you're supposed to eat - you get more if you're exercising.

Well, I've been exercising my butt off and really staying in the weight watchers guidelines. . .my total weight loss. . .

2.4 lbs

what. . .:001_huh:

I know 1-2 lbs a week is the normal weight loss on this diet, but I thought surely with the exercise I'd do better than that.

I just had to get that out. . .thanks for letting me vent

Give me your undivided attention....

DO NOT GO BY THE SCALES. Period. Go by how your clothes fit.

It is most probable that with time you will see the scales reflect no change at all but your clothes will progressively fit better and better. (With exercise, you gain muscle which weighs more than fat but takes up less space!)

Again, DO NOT GO BY THE SCALES!!!!! :)

But, just to double-check....

1. It "that" time of the month? I usually gain a pound or two.

2. Did you use up your extra weekly allotment? In our intro meeting, our leader said that she couldn't use those when she was in weight loss mode. She does use them now that she is in maintenance mode. She says it will be different for different people, but to keep track of how many you use and how successful you are using them.

I decided not to use the weekly bonus points, but I do add in my exercise bonus points.

BUT, back to my original point....Think about how much weight you will have lost by summer at that rate. It really is on the high side of what you would expect to lose per week.

I can soooo relate.

I put on holiday/winter pounds and I want them off. I'm going on vacation next month and am vain enough to want to feel thin when I go.

It's been a week and I haven't even lost two pounds. Usually two pounds falls as soon as I start. I was sitting here having a major pity party as we speak. Dh had invited me out to eat tonight and I can't - there's no way I can go out and not blow my diet.

So, I understand!!!!!

My tactic to get a move on things? Drink tons of water. Skip breakfast and exercise hard in the morning on an empty stomach. Keep lunch to salad and fiber cereal (still eat 300 - 400 calories, just tons of roughage). Top the salad with a little grated cheese and use a spritzer that has almost no calories.

I know you aren't supposed to skip meals, but sometimes a few days of this jump-start the weight loss for me and once I start losing pounds the whole thing snowballs, you know?