Menu

Would it be political if I asked...

The Minnesota results still aren't final as far as I'm aware.

And coming from a State that's had two improbable actors serve as Governor (one who became the President, and the other who want to change the US Constitution to do like-wise) I'm not in a position to throw stones :D

Bill

That Al Franken got even ONE VOTE is amazing to me. What a travesty if he actually sits in the U.S. Senate..... :blink:

Well, I live in Minnesota and I voted a mostly liberal ticket this year. (I'm a moderate, conservative on some issues and liberal on others) and there was just no stinking way I'd vote for Al Franken. Sorry if that's offensive to his supporters. The guy just bugs me. I thought he ran a really nasty campaign, too. When Coleman started getting nasty back, Franken accused him of running a nasty campaign...and I just shut the darned TV off until it was all over.

We actually liked our professional wrestler, both my DH and I, and we're usually polar opposites.

I don't see it as a travesty if he is elected, though. He's a citizen and has the right to run. If he gets elected, so be it. While he's way too far out there for my particular tastes, others love him.

Maybe Minnesotans have a very clever, highly developed sense of humor the rest of us just don't get. You know, like Canadians. :D

So, what are you implying;)? That we knew William Lyon MacKenzie King was talking to his dead mother & the dog when he was PM (that's Prime Minister, for those of you who might not know)? That we haven't had anything but stellar, normal politicians? Like the fellow who started the SoCred party in Alberta? Now there's a party that started off with a logical platform...:lol: (yes, I'm laughing at my own humour--dh taught me that. It's an art that helps life go by more pleasantly;))

Al Franken: middle class upbringing, graduated from Harvard cum laude in general studies (liberal arts), work study job at Harvard washing dishes, Emmy award-winning and best-selling writer . . . I would think he would have some fans here on the WTM boards.

Democrat, liberal in the Paul Wellstone tradition . . . hmmm, maybe not.

Al Franken: middle class upbringing, graduated from Harvard cum laude in general studies (liberal arts), work study job at Harvard washing dishes, Emmy award-winning and best-selling writer . . . I would think he would have some fans here on the WTM boards.

Democrat, liberal in the Paul Wellstone tradition . . . hmmm, maybe not.

Did I forget to mention I am a fan? :D

Bill

So, what are you implying;)? That we knew William Lyon MacKenzie King was talking to his dead mother & the dog when he was PM (that's Prime Minister, for those of you who might not know)? That we haven't had anything but stellar, normal politicians? Like the fellow who started the SoCred party in Alberta? Now there's a party that started off with a logical platform...:lol: (yes, I'm laughing at my own humour--dh taught me that. It's an art that helps life go by more pleasantly;))

I wasn't strictly referring to Canadian politics (though I'm a Bourassa, so I do have an appreciation) just that very low key, clever sense of humor (humour) Canadians seem to possess... and Americans often don't so much understand. You know, like the spelling. :D

Quite probable. Afterall Minnesota is practically our 11th province. Fellow hoosiers and all.

Dang! I knew there was a reason I was suppose to move across the Red River. Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy my lower taxes here in North Dakota. ;)

Next thing you know I'll have to give up my Canadian citizenship for them (the lower taxes, I mean). :scared: Never. :D