Menu

Anybody here use Wii Fit? How do you like it?

We just got Wii here this Christmas. The game part doesn't interest me all that much, but I'm curious about Wii Fit. Anyone out there use and can give me some feedback? I'm in average shape, and currently try to work out 3-4 times per week, but if it make it just 1/2 as much these days, I'm doing pretty well. TIA

It is fun. I gave it to my dh for Father's Day, so we've had it a while.

My main complaint is that it takes time to switch between exercises, so if you're trying to keep your heartrate up that can be frustrating (you can unlock a 30 minute free step and 30 minute run, so that helps--you can do these while you watch TV, and it'll keep track of your steps).

All of the games are fun, and my boys enjoy them.

The yoga is great because it forces you to keep good form. The same for the strength training.

It is fun. I gave it to my dh for Father's Day, so we've had it a while.

My main complaint is that it takes time to switch between exercises, so if you're trying to keep your heartrate up that can be frustrating (you can unlock a 30 minute free step and 30 minute run, so that helps--you can do these while you watch TV, and it'll keep track of your steps).

All of the games are fun, and my boys enjoy them.

The yoga is great because it forces you to keep good form. The same for the strength training.

I agree. It not the kind of exercise that will bring your heart rate right up. I use it on a regular basis. I do a mix of everything, but I do more of the strengthening and yoga than anything else.

Recently I also discovered that if you set your system to another language, your games will play in that language, so for us it's like getting two for the price of one.

I got it for Christmas and I'm a complete ADDICT now! My body is so sore from the strength and yoga stuff. I also have a great time with the sports games (tennis, boxing). In fact, my husband and I boxed eachother last night (I knocked him down once) and today my arms are sore. I think this is a testament to how out of shape I am, but STILL!

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

I got it for Christmas and I'm a complete ADDICT now! My body is so sore from the strength and yoga stuff. I also have a great time with the sports games (tennis, boxing). In fact, my husband and I boxed eachother last night (I knocked him down once) and today my arms are sore. I think this is a testament to how out of shape I am, but STILL!

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

We got the Wii for Christmas too. I boxed with my dh and did bowling. I was sore for the next 3 days! We only boxed two games and I thought we were both going to fall over. I really want to get the Wii Fit for my birthday. I also want the Outdoor Sports one. I am really hoping it will get me moving more.

I'm too lazy to do the search right now, but if you look for threads started by karenciavo, you'll come across her "Wii fit" review comments. I know zilch about it myself ~ good grief, I hate to admit this but I don't even know if a Wii is something used in tandem with a television...? ~ but I appreciated her comments because, 1) I always like to read her posts, 2) As a runner who has been sidelined of late due to weather, an indoor program interests me, and 3) I can see having a Wii in the future.

Hope that helps!:)

I love it. It won't replace my regular workouts, but it's fun, the kids love it, and it will be great for days when I am not up to my regular workouts, lol.

I do get my heart rate up with it, although not sustained for a long period of time. Still, I'm okay with that, as I think it's fine to get the heart rate up high for a short burst, then lower for awhile, then up for another short burst.

Some of the strength and yoga activities are quite challenging!