Menu

ISO shampoo replacement for Trader Joe's "Nourish Spa" shampoo

sheryl

Posted (edited)

It was just the best.  I stocked up and used it sparingly when they announced it would be discontinued a while back.  I used up the last little bit a few weeks ago.  

Kept the bottle and the ingredient list is pretty impressive.

Do any of you know of any substitutes for the shampoo?   Thanks!   

Edited by sheryl

• sheryl changed the title to ISO shampoo replacement for Trader Joe's "Nourish Spa" shampoo
9 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

It’s a SLS free shampoo. Everyone Shampoo and Body Wash also is. Maybe you’d like Andalou Naturals Argan Stem Cell Shampoo ingredient list. 

Thanks.  Will research. 

8 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I hear it’s a dupe for the Giovanni 50/50, but I havent tried that. We moved on to L’Oreal Elvive.

Right! It's similar and Giovanni may be a good sub.  The TJ brand though had so many more botanicals!  Will look at Elvive.  Thanks.

Posted (edited)

@Lady Florida. I forgot to mention—it’s the EverPure we moved to from the Elvive line. It doesnt have as many lovely botanicals (the Costco Kirkland brand is a pureology knockoff with more of these) but we needed a bottle that fit well into the pool bag as dd swims several times a week.

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 2

My head and hair loved the Nourish Spa shampoo. I am now using a Viori shampoo bar and conditioner bar that have also been very kind to my hair. They are much more expensive than TJ’s products, but I put them in little knit bags which helps them last longer. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Teachaheart said:

My head and hair loved the Nourish Spa shampoo. I am now using a Viori shampoo bar and conditioner bar that have also been very kind to my hair. They are much more expensive than TJ’s products, but I put them in little knit bags which helps them last longer. 

It really was excellent!  I don't know why but I prefer liquid based shampoo/conditioner.  I'll look to see if it's available that way.  I'm wondering if Aldi's carries shampoo that may be similar.  Probably not but I mention only b/c TJ and Aldi's, I think, was and maybe still is connected. 

All right, then!  I googled and found Mill Creek.  I bought Mill Creek at TJMaxx or Homegoods several years ago and would buy a bottle whenever I shopped there and I spotted it.  Amazon sells it.  If my memory is correct, it is very good.  Will get this now from Amazon if not available elsewhere.