Menu

Sunday Tacklers April 28, 2024

Posted (edited)

I don't even know where to start. I've been out of town so much with my parents declining health that everything needs to be done. Then Friday we started having water problems-no water pressure. Plumber couldn't find the pressure regulator, and if it can't be found new water lines must be dug. So here are my tentative plans:

more coffee-done

church-done

bath out of a bucket

finish flashcards and laminating-done

call my dad and sister

fold laundry-done

do something about the dishes-I'll need to wash them by hand-done

That's probably going to be it.

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Sad 3

Oh, no!  I'm sorry about the water problems, @math teacher.  We have a well, and have had minor issues (like the water softener clogging leading to no pressure and water heater going out), but we're anticipating in the next few years needing a new pump and/or trying to tap into the city water. It won't be pretty either way.

Yesterday got a bit waylaid.  DS had friends wander over now that we're back (and had a fire going - always a huge draw for tweens. 😂) and then we ended up with one staying the night after begging us not to send him back home to his sister's "girl party". 🤣  DS is starting to realize the direct connection between preparation (chores done, responsibilities taken care of) and privileges (friends staying the night, light saber fights half the afternoon) and nobody giving him grief when his time is used well.  It was like a lightbulb went on.

Today:

• coffee
  • violin
  • wake the children
  • schoolwork
  • put together a thrift store bag
  • decide on dinner
  • 10,000 steps
  • yardwork?
  • set up tutoring for the week
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dinner tonight is shepherd's pie, asparagus, and bread.  I have no idea how many I'm feeding because nobody answers texts with appropriate information.  I braved the grocery store on a Sunday.  Remind me never to do that again, LOL.  It's daunting enough on a weekday, the weekend has so many indecisive people roaming the aisles.

• Like 3

@math teacher, I'm sorry you have so much right now, especially your parents' health declining! I pray for some peace in your situations! 

@HomeAgain, I agree. I need to be reminded to get groceries before a Sunday or even the weekend. I went late yesterday afternoon for a few things, and it wasn't too bad. 

@history-fan, tell your ds happy birthday tomorrow from the tackle family! 

We went to church for our class. I worked in the kindergarten room, and we had 24 kids. They are all surprisingly pretty well-behaved. 

I fried corn, made slaw, and tried to air fry okra. The okra was a fail!  I heated up pork meat from Costco, too. 

I worked on some school work this afternoon, mostly grading homework.

I started making a semester practice test for Algebra 2 in Delta Math, and I hit the wrong key and lost all the work I had done. I had chosen at least 30 problems so far. Now I have to start over. UGH! I am trying out the paid version, and I didn't realize there isn't a way to recover something until the assignment is actually saved. At least, I haven't found it yet. I suppose I should save it during the process so I don't lose everything if something happens. 

A friend invited me to dinner and a movie, so we'll leave around 6. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, history-fan said:

@mom31257ds says Thanks 🙏 . I have never heard of fried corn ,had to google that one. Sounds good, youngest ds would probably like it, he likes corn but won eat it off the cob, he cuts it off.

I use a combination of bacon grease and butter along with salt and pepper. It’s so yummy! 

• Like 1