Menu

Geography - All Ye Lands, Notgrass

I am hoping to do a year of world geography next year with my 8th grader. I was leaning towards Notgrass or Guest Hollow but someone mentioned All Ye Lands, by Catholic Textbook Project. We are not Catholic (we are Protestant). I’m wondering if that will be too much of an issue for a geography text. I’ll probably add extra reading from Guest Hollow whatever I end up using. 
Thanks! 

Following because I'm thinking through this same thing for my next year 8th grader. I've made his geography curriculum this year and it didn't go as I wanted it to-I need a plan to follow for next year.

All ye Lands doesn't look as in depth as Notgrass: All ye Lands says it is for grades 6-7 and Notgrass is highschool level. The sample of All ye included more science-y stuff than I think I want since we have a separate science already.

• Thanks 1

Further thoughts after exploring guest hollow more: the text looks a little dry and I didn't see any history. Since I'm using geography instead of history this next year for ds I was hoping to have some history included. I think it's Notgrass for us.

• Like 1