Menu

Not wanting for the thing from an online live auction?

Janeway

I was watching a live auction tonight when my husband came in and watched with me. I only watch for fun. Something was shown that I told my husband I really like and mentioned what I thought it was, as in, history of it. He thought I meant I wanted it and typed in a bid, and won. Okay, the bid is not a huge amount, but I do not want it. I already inherited similar things from my mom and it was not something I wanted more of. He completely misunderstood me. Should I offer to pay a small amount and tell them I do not want it, but need to make good for it? Or should I just tell them I do not want it? or just suck it up and pay for it and maybe give it away?

edited to add: I am thinking maybe I should just email the guy and explain the situation and see what he says. Not sure if anyone has any other suggestions or has dealt with this before.

Edited by Janeway

• Janeway changed the title to Not wanting for the thing from an online live auction?
1 hour ago, Harriet Vane said:

Honestly, I would keep it and treasure it for no other reason than my husband did something sweet with the sole intent of putting a smile on my face.

yep!

• Like 1