Menu

It just never snows anymore.

Indigo Blue

2 minutes ago, kathyl said:

Oh, that would explain seeing armadillos way above the Deep South now.  When I was growing up, the only time we saw armadillos was when we got down around south Miss and south Louisiana.  Now I think they're all the way up in TN or somewhere like that..

Yep. About 18-20 years ago we saw one in our yard and it was an oddity. My dh had never seen one up close. Now they’re everywhere up here in tn. I grew up in Florida so they were normal to me but seeing them in tn is still strange.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MEmama said:

We have had more cardinals the past couple years than we used to. I love them so much! And actually, we didn’t have bluebirds at our feeder (though they lived in the fields) until maybe 3-4 winters ago and now we have them year round. 

We used to have nesting woodpeckers but I haven’t seen many the last couple years. We used to get lots (several varieties). I miss them and hope it’s just a fluke they’ve not been in our yard as frequently. 

We still have a bunch of woodpeckers around.  I don't remember if they are usually here in the winter or not.  Downys, Pileated, Red Bellied, Red Headed are all still around.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:45 PM, Carrie12345 said:

It tends to snow in GA when I visit. I’m flying down on the 18th. Keep an eye out! 🤣☹️

So, it looks like I’m bringing the cold, but no precipitation. Sorry/not sorry!

I can’t speak for the southern climate, but I’m working on the 5-yr update of our hazard mitigation plan up here and the consulting firm’s data shows an outlook for continued reduction of freeze days, but with colder temperatures. That is a valid explanation for less snow overall.