Menu

So what did YOU get for Christmas?

bookbard

5 hours ago, DawnM said:

My big Christmas gift arrived today.   I got a projector to watch movies/tv/etc.....I spent a lot of time researching for what I wanted and ordered too late for Christmas.

We are watching a movie on it now and I love it!   

we almost never go to the theater - dh wanted to see "The boys in the boat".   As we were sitting through all the "previews" . . . . I reminded him that was why we have a home theater.  We love it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 10:44 AM, prairiewindmomma said:

I am here in Spain at the moment. Dh nailed the gift. 🙂 

Fwiw, although we have really loved the Wool& shirts and dresses, I can’t recommend their trousers (or those from Wool&Prince, the men’s company). Dh’s newest pair popped a hole in them 5 days/0 washes into this trip. We’d walked about 40 miles at that point, but he’s been stuck with his Columbia hiking trousers this trip because of how the hole come up.

Update on this: Wool & Prince refunded the cost of the trousers entirely as store credit.

• Like 3

Everybody pitched in and gave me money for a new chair/recliner. The one I use is literally falling apart, but I love it so much! (It has paisleys, and it is hard to find them.) It wasn't enough money to go all out--everybody is on a budget--but I went out yesterday to look, and found one very close to price range that I really like, and to my surprise, it was a Lazy-Boy. I think we are going to go get it today.

I also got a couple of coffee shop gift cards, some inexpensive earrings I picked out from dh, and also a book from him that I had requested. Sadly, I left the book at dd's house, so I'll have to wait to read it.

• Like 4

On 12/27/2023 at 4:23 PM, aggie96 said:

@itsheresomewhere  Would you mind sharing the heater? I have a new 16x24 greenhouse that I am trying to heat with marginal success.

Following up on the diesel heater- so far it has been wonderful.  It was 14 this morning at 7 and the greenhouse was a balmy 60 ( I have it set at 62 degrees).  It was started at 4 pm the day before and I didn’t turn it off until 1pm today.  Even with our snow and ice storm on Tuesday, it was a beautiful 60 degrees in the greenhouse.  And it still had diesel in it!

On a completely lazy note-  I love the remote start on it.  Start it while in the house and no worries. 

The model I got was- Zhibang Diesel Air heater all in one. There are several on Amazon but I started with the cheaper one that had several YouTube reviews on it. 

• Like 1