Menu

Who's Tackling Saturday Dec. 2, 2023?

math teacher

Good morning, friends!! I have so much to do this weekend, and I have a sore throat again. Just got word yesterday that one of my students has RSV, so it could be that. Hope not, don't need to pass it to dh. Here's my plan:

paint-got a lot of painting done

clean the kitchen

cook-done

continue laundry-done

drink the coffee-done

put away fall decor

dust

clean the bathrooms-done

make flashcards for next week

get groceries-done

call my parents-done

schedule an email for school-done

shred

clean out my purse-done

Edited by math teacher
addition and update
  • Like 2

Good morning! Its cool and drizzly here, blah. My day really has two parts:

1. Go to Dd’s uni to take her passport to her. She needs a second form of ID to complete an i9 form for a job for next semester. Hang out a bit and take her to lunch, then come home.

2. Christmas party tonight. This will require me making an appetizer, getting a shower and figuring out what to wear. 

In between, in addition, hopefully also: get our LR tidied so that I can decorate tomorrow. And make sure chores get done.

Ds has a bball game today and has transportation. There is plenty of food here; not cooking today except for the party food.

Need to check ingredients for buffalo chx dip. I know I need a rotisserie chx and fritos, not sure what else. 

• Like 3

@math teacher So sorry about the sore throat.  I agree with the water and D.  I swear by zinc lozenges and big dose of vitamin c, d, and elderberry.  But yeah, there is so much sickness and the cold just started.  Someone in my house has been sick everyday last month and this month so far 2 kids are sick.  We are doing all the things we can to prevent it but when parents send their sick kids to activities, and they are 2 inches from your kid for 2 hours it just doesn't matter.  Sigh.  It is going to be a long winter.   I think I am going to have to have my kids mask at things because little kids are gross and so bad with hygiene.   

Everyday here is the same.  Nutcracker all day. 

Off to get a flu shot in a second.

• Sad 3

Ugh .... that sums it up

We have a clog in the main drain. I have called around and someone can come tomorrow morning. We can use one toilet and the sinks.  The plumber has to get to the main drain clean out which is where we stacked all our boxes when we moved in. We moved into my parents house so all of their stuff was still here when we moved all of out stuff in.  I have been selling items on ebay but now that may not be an option anymore and may just have to donate it all.  So by 9am tomorrow I have to magically clean it out. The main drain is also under the carpet in the finished part of the basement so there is that too. I just need to breath.

• Sad 3

Home from my visit to Dd. A nice day, despite yucky weather! My college girl is fun to be with.

Prepped the dish for tonight.

About to take a shower and get dressed. I will enjoy the party, but part of me would be happy to hibernate at home, eat the leftovers from my lunch and read all evening. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

Made a lot of progress. Only one trip to Menards was required. 

I have someone coming to get 3 bags of books and a box of games. They are a part of the CO op we were involved with before we stopped, so it can bless some families there vs Goodwill. 

SIL made some of Grandma's sugar cookies and brought them over. 

Time for Indiana Jones 

• Like 2