Menu

S/o What makes something a sandwich?

Terabith

2 hours ago, MercyA said:

😮

Wiki says bologna is a sausage. I would argue that while all hot dogs are sausage, not all sausages are hot dogs.

Also according to Wiki: "In the Southern United States, a bologna cake exists which is bologna slices layered with seasoned cream cheese to make the appearance of a cake."

And so I have to ask...is this really a cake? I'm going to say NO. 

image.png.282c37c69a45dc06476756387531ad6e.png

That is an awful prank is what that is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MercyA said:

😮

Wiki says bologna is a sausage. I would argue that while all hot dogs are sausage, not all sausages are hot dogs.

Also according to Wiki: "In the Southern United States, a bologna cake exists which is bologna slices layered with seasoned cream cheese to make the appearance of a cake."

And so I have to ask...is this really a cake? I'm going to say NO. 

That's a subtlety.

58 minutes ago, ikslo said:

If you make half a Pb&J for your toddler by folding one slice in half, is it a taco? I think not. It’s still a sandwich.

Hm, you know, I might be more convinced by the fact that you would *never* hold that pb&j up/down like a taco, only left/right for easier biting. The 2D projection as it moves towards your mouth definitely says "sandwich", kind of like those fake fronts on businesses in the Wild West times gave off a "2 story building" vibe.

• Like 1