Menu

Monday Tacklers Oct. 9, 2023

math teacher

Good morning, everybody. It's so nice to have a day off from school. Lots to do here, since I didn't do much yesterday. Plans include:

treat the yard and flower beds for fire ants-done

bring in my shoes and socks where I kicked them off in the yard-done

perhaps mow-don't need to mow until the ant treatment has a chance to work

call doctor with new insurance info

clean the floors-still haven't bought a robot-done

shower and moisturize

cook-done

call a friend in the hospital

read

get a ladder from the storage building, then finish my decorating

finish flashcards-I laminated yesterday, so just cut them out and put them on rings for my six tables of students-done

shake out bedroom rug-done

Edited by math teacher
addition and update
  • Like 3

Good morning! 

I had hoped to sleep in a bit today, but dh forgot to turn off his alarm. I tried to go back to sleep and couldn't. 

I've been looking at more precalculus this morning and just made coffee. We don't want to turn on the heat yet, so dh is wrapped up in a blanket with a hoodie on. The coffee is helping me, but my fingers are cold. 

I'm supposed to be at the Arts Council building before 10. We'll have to sort them and then decide which are going on the walls. 

I need to look at the PSAT paper practice test later today because I am meeting with a student tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Good morning!

I slept til 8, but was awake after that. Enjoying the quiet house and my coffee. Cloudy and cool here. Hoping for sun this afternoon, since I hate the gray and Dd has outdoor things with friends planned.

Later:
AHG things ✔️ 
update YNAB
Tidying/culling/organizing  ✔️ 
print recipe ✔️ 
check Ds’ work schedule
order a window shade
shop thrift for a lampshade?
Order lamp(s) for Dd’s room?
Order 2024 calendar
visit mom ✔️ 
make appt for Ds to take permit test ✔️ 
Read!

Dinner is chx and dumplings (from the recent thread), green beans, and green salad. ✔️ 

I think we have decided on Atlanta for a SB trip, so I need to start compiling info. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Hey everyone. I think my anxiety has dropped a bit since DS18 emailed his prof about the group project (see the college board if you are dying to know).  

We have an advocate willing to look at my DS16's stuff to see what she thinks.

I still have many other things to think about but those were the most heavy on my mind and causing the greatest "distress."  

So far today we have done school (really more consulting with my oldest anymore--he is almost entirely independent) and I did laundry and took DS18 to an eye doctor appt.

Next up is working out. 

Dinner is brisket in the crockpot.  

Maybe more job searching tonight--yesterday stressed me out though.  

• Like 4

Well, less done today than I’d hoped, but still a nice day. Dinner was good and Dd and a friend ate with us. Ds is enjoying playing Madden football on his brand new PS5, that he bought with his own money. 

Tomorrow will be mostly stuff I didn’t finish today, plus taking clothes and toiletries to mom for rehab. 

Time for a book! 

• Like 2