Menu

Should my daughter change the school on her College Board account?

EKT

One more question!

My daughter took an AP Art History course through Pennsylvania Homeschoolers last year, so her AP exam score is associated with Pennsylvania Homeschoolers. (PA Homeschoolers is listed as her "school" on her College Board account.)

Her future SAT exams, however, don't have anything to do with PA Homeschoolers. Should my daughter go into her CB profile and remove the school? (Would doing so somehow mess up her AP score from last spring?) Or should she just leave things alone? (I'm guessing she'll need some sort of homeschool code for her future SAT exams?)

Anyway, we just noticed this today when we were looking at her account and are wondering what we should do. Thanks!

Ask her to go to her profile and change her school name to Homeschool or Home School (I forgot which one CB currently use, might take a few tries) and then when she look at her unofficial AP score report, she would see it as showing the Homeschool code for the state you are in.

For SAT, homeschool code is 970000 and her unofficial report would show something like this for school 

8F611898-46FC-4EC2-8C46-3168730A0027.jpeg.f172f6ad2355a731e121f85e5a9b87ff.jpeg

• Like 1

My son took an AP test this past spring. Homeschool for AP is now by state instead of one nationwide "school". So you would want to search for "(Your State) Home School" for the school name (ex: "Ohio Home School"). He also didn't need to know the school code at the test--it isn't one of the things that needs to be bubbled in anymore. They also have a warning that the general College Board profile won't get updated if you change your school in your AP profile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The school that sets up SAT and AP for my kids doesn't know how to register them correctly, so every year they make a new College Board account for my kids, listing the public school as my kids' school so my kids end up w 2 CB accounts. Ps guidance is surprised and embarrassed every year, but I just call CB every year after the scores post, and they fix it. It's a small town, and they mean well. 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lucy the Valiant said:

The school that sets up SAT and AP for my kids doesn't know how to register them correctly, so every year they make a new College Board account for my kids, listing the public school as my kids' school so my kids end up w 2 CB accounts. Ps guidance is surprised and embarrassed every year, but I just call CB every year after the scores post, and they fix it. It's a small town, and they mean well. 😉

Good to know--thank you!!

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 2:35 PM, silver said:

They also have a warning that the general College Board profile won't get updated if you change your school in your AP profile. 

I think there is only school profile on the general profile page. The school in the AP profile page is tied to each AP course classroom. So each AP course classroom would have the school and exam center listed if applicable. My kids self study for some AP exams so the school part is blank for those.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:57 PM, Lucy the Valiant said:

SAT is self registration so never an issue 🙂

For AP exams, the College Board had moved to having students add the exam center code to each AP exam they are taking a few years ago. My kids get a unique code for each exam from the exam center (we used a private school) and they add them on their own College Board accounts.  So having two College Board accounts should not happen nowadays. 

@EKT we had score reports showing “homeschool clearinghouse”, “CA homeschool” (we are in California) and just the code. Either way it is pretty obvious my kids were homeschooled. 

• Like 1