Menu

Sore throat! No, No, No! I will not get sick! (help!)

I had a terrible, 4 week long cold-thing in October, and now I am starting to come down with something else--little bit of a runny nose, a throat that is just starting to get sore...NO! I can't get sick--it's almost Christmas, and hubby and I want to go away for a night on the 26th.

Natural remedies? I can rest a little extra and drink more water. Should I get some zinc lozenges today? I took my vitamins for the first time in a long time yesterday--doesn't that help somewhat? lol

Oh, I just don't want to get sick AGAIN. Drat those preschoolers.

Natural remedies? I can rest a little extra and drink more water. Should I get some zinc lozenges today?

Zinc lozenges and zicam are very helpful. I'd do both more frequently than suggested. Be sure to follow the zicam directions exactly....only get the regular original zicam...not any of the ones with medications in them.

Also be sure you're getting sufficient vitamin d. Sufficient means 2000-4000 IU per day

vitamindcouncil.org

:)

K

If it helps mt dr says strep throat is not going around right now. They are not seeing asny cases of this just a yucky virus. Doesn't seem to be the flu either. But at my house we are having sore throat, cough, headache, up set stomach and in capacitating tiredness. Lots of sleeping going on here. In my opinion that is the best kind of sickness. Hope you guys are feeling better soon.

A lady was just yesterday telling me that she swears by warm honey water for any type of cold/sickness. She finds it works "miracles." :D

I suppose drinking lots of echinacea tea with honey would be of good benefit. I like Celestial Seasonings Echinacea Complete Care tea. It's got Vit C and Zinc as well as a nice Eucalyptus mint flavor. Just had me a cup last night. ;)

I just had a miserable cold, and the nurse at the military clinic gave me some enlightening advice. I went to the clinic begging for antibiotics since my colds seem to last for weeks on end and grow worse and worse as they go along.

The nurse said that the cold was in my nasal passages and upper throat, and if I kept those areas clean and drained-out, I would feel much better. She gave me some Flonase prescription nasal spray and a kit called "NeilMed Sinus Rinse" which is basically a salt-water preparation nasal spray. You might be able to get the nasal spray kit in the drugstore without a prescription, or even concoct something similar at home. I tried these things, and they worked! I was able to breathe immediately, and my cold didn't get worse -- it went away.