Menu

Any OTC stretch mark treatments?

teachermom2834

Is there anything that actually works? My teen gained a chunk of weight quickly when she stopped an activity. She’s eating healthy and has picked up a new exercise routine and she is fine but that quick 20 pounds left her with some stretch marks. 😕 Poor thing…she was feeling good about getting back in shape but now she realized she has these scars that are not going away. 

I am hoping young healthy skin might heal up in some way but I know they won’t go away completely. What topical treatments are out there that might help the appearance at all? I saw retinol mentioned somewhere. 

I was researching online but I figured I might as well ask here. Someone always knows.

I would be willing to look into other treatments for her in the future (laser treatments?) but for today I told her I would find something she could try even though it would probably take a long time before she saw any improvement. 

Any suggestions are welcome. I’ve got plenty myself and I’m not bothered but I understand why a teen is.

1 hour ago, Miss Tick said:

There is the now over the counter Mederma

I use Mederma (https://www.amazon.com/Mederma-Advanced-Scar-Gel-Recommended/dp/B001PQBEAI) but it works better on new wounds. I don’t remember to apply daily though. I have tried a sample of Derma E scar cream but it reacted with my skin so I don’t dare to try again.

My friend used the Mustela stretch mark cream for pregnancy (including postnatal) and it works for her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1