Menu

Best place to find home schoolers looking for work?

ryan121

Has anyone heard of a website or resource where businesses might post jobs to hire homeschool grads? Not even sure if such a thing exists. I realize I can use regular jobs sites like LinkedIn, Indeed, Handshake, etc... but they seem to be university-oriented. What if I'm looking for homeschool grads who want to jump right into work?

That is an interesting concept.  I'm not sure how viable it is, because when you substitute "private schooled students" it sounds just as awkward as can be.  I think the bigger question would be looking at what kind of jobs would be available on such a site, ideally, and then crafting opportunities around that.

• Like 3

Homeschooling is still such a word of mouth, regional thing. If you have a business and are hoping to hire homeschool grads, then the largest statewide groups and organizations might be the way to go to to put the word out about that opportunity. In a general sense, I don't think that's a widespread "thing" so I doubt there's any resource that would do that specifically.

County associations and co-ops in the area, statewide associations might be able to give you a county contact person who would have specifics. Also, charter schools, which serve several connected counties. Our district office of education oversees local homeschoolers that are under their charter umbrella, so local district or county educational organizations that work with charters or private schoolers migh also be helpful.

Why specifically are homeschoolers better qualified for the jobs you have to offer?

I have seen posts for jobs targeted at homeschooled teens that may have some daytime availability posted on our local homeschooling boards online.   But this would be very location and community specific.

Edited by catz