Menu

Ancient History Maps and Curriculum...Your favorite

SonshineLearner

Hi There :)

I'm looking for everyone's favorite Ancient History Maps and also curriculum. (and if you know you can copy for your co-op's classroom, that's a bonus!)

I'm also looking for suggestions on how you memorize areas so that your child doesn't get confused with the Modern Name for the spots you're studying.

I also welcome suggestions for audio cds or dvds about the subjects.

I have students from ages 4-12 so if you know what levels it covers, that's great, too.

Thanks!

Carrie

Oh, well, I'm having the children draw and memorize the maps, during their study of Ancient History. The maps that I have, aren't so clear, and I'm wanting to gather other people's opinions of whatever maps they study during their History Cycles. I'm looking for clear maps that are accurate. I also would welcome ideas as to how they teach their children the different locations on the maps..and how they differentiate between ancient and modern names for places.

Carrie:-)

I bought the Blackline Maps of World History from Knowledge Quest (I purchased the download, so I can print them out at will). I think they're the same maps used in the SOTW activity guide. It includes maps and instructions on what to do with each one, but no curriculum, making them easy to use with whatever other curriculum you happen to be using.

It also looks like they have a new product that has the maps aligned with the TOG curriculum.

Hi There :)

I'm looking for everyone's favorite Ancient History Maps and also curriculum. (and if you know you can copy for your co-op's classroom, that's a bonus!)

I'm also looking for suggestions on how you memorize areas so that your child doesn't get confused with the Modern Name for the spots you're studying.

I also welcome suggestions for audio cds or dvds about the subjects.

I have students from ages 4-12 so if you know what levels it covers, that's great, too.

Thanks!

Carrie

Ancient World Mapping Center at the University of North Carolina has some maps for download.

http://www.unc.edu/awmc/mapsforstudents.html

• 1 month later...
I bought the Blackline Maps of World History from Knowledge Quest (I purchased the download, so I can print them out at will). I think they're the same maps used in the SOTW activity guide. It includes maps and instructions on what to do with each one, but no curriculum, making them easy to use with whatever other curriculum you happen to be using.

It also looks like they have a new product that has the maps aligned with the TOG curriculum.

We use these, but we also use the maps from Hold That Thought: http://www.holdthatthought.com/hist2.php