Menu

Got any good time travel books you can recommend

I love the time travel genre. A few suggestions that have not already been mentioned:

Time and Again by Jack Finney and the sequel

Replay by Ken Grimwood

Kindred by Octavia E. Butler

Mr. Was by Pete Hautman

My daughter likes Timeline by Michael Crichton

I haven't read it, but this sounds like a fun read: The Best Time Travel Stories of the 20th Century

Have fun!

Regards,

Kareni

The Gideon Trilogy is in the young adult section, but are good stories.

Linda Buckley-Archer is the author. The 1st book is called "Gideon the Cutpurse" or "The Time Travelers" (same book, different titles.)

Of course, "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells

For the kids, "Max & Me & the Time Machine"

• 4 weeks later...
Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is a fabulous read!

That one sucked me in as well.....in a very Outlander way (even though it's nothing like the Outlander series). It just ate me up. However, I will add, in caution, that it sort of haunted me....left me feeling a little alone, a little sad, a little adrift, a little down. I'm sensitive that way though and generally have to be careful about what I read and see. FE, Atonement messed me up for several months. Seriously seriously messed me up.

:)

K

Oh, wow, I can't believe someone else here has read this. I read it when I was a teen and remembered it years later. I just couldn't remember the title. I just had to read it again recently because I was happy to have found it again.

HA! You can count me in, too. I went to go look up this book, only to realize I read it about 2 years ago for a book club.

I also loved Michael Crichton's Timeline. They had it for $2 in our library's little bookstore. Pristine, hard cover. Gotta love deals.

Oh, wow, I can't believe someone else here has read this. I read it when I was a teen and remembered it years later. I just couldn't remember the title. I just had to read it again recently because I was happy to have found it again.

I think it was out of print for a while. When it was reprinted, I bought three copies. :D

I was just coming on to suggest The Doomsday Book by the same author. I've read both, and I far prefer the Doomsday Book. (I might be in a minority on that one, though it did win both a Hugo and a Nebula.)

I LOVE The Doomsday Book. Not a light, easy read, though.

Wendi

I would also like to recommend The Time Traveler's Wife. What a great read this was! I am waiting for the movie to come out this spring.

Blessings

Zoraida

I tried this book, got 3/4 through it and just couldn't make myself finish it. It was a chore to even pick it up and read as far as I got. There was absolutely no plot. Just day after day (year after year) of daily life. However, I do wonder if there was a spectacular finish. :001_smile: Would you mind sending a pm with the ending? I would appreciate it!:001_smile: