Menu

Christian evolution book

So, I have a set of books called Born With A Bang. They were written by a theologist in order to tell the story of evolution to her son.  Each book is written as a story comparing the birth/growth of the universe to that of a human child.  While it is not explicit in saying God made it happen, it allows space for a religious viewpoint to be interwoven into the story.  Personally, I enjoy that the story can be told on two levels.  There is large text on each page that gives an overview and beautiful full page pictures, but as a child gets older they can get more from the smaller print text that accompanies it and expands the idea below the large text.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

So, I have a set of books called Born With A Bang. They were written by a theologist in order to tell the story of evolution to her son.  Each book is written as a story comparing the birth/growth of the universe to that of a human child.  While it is not explicit in saying God made it happen, it allows space for a religious viewpoint to be interwoven into the story.  Personally, I enjoy that the story can be told on two levels.  There is large text on each page that gives an overview and beautiful full page pictures, but as a child gets older they can get more from the smaller print text that accompanies it and expands the idea below the large text.

Ooh. Looks like it can be borrowed for free through openlibrary.org to check out, too. 

13 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

I just put that on hold at my library after reading this! 

I haven't found anything that's great for the elementary level, but I keep looking. With my kids, talking about parables in relation to Genesis is helpful for understanding "true doesn't have to be fact." 

Biologos' Integrate looks great, but very solid for teenagers. I've read through a bit to adapt down to my kids, and I plan to do that some more.

I think I might have found the unicorn!

This site is about Christianity and science, and talks about evolution (and is not anti-evolution).

Here's their main page...
https://faradaykids.com/

And their page on evolution
https://faradaykids.com/evolution

While this book is not from a Christian perspective specifically, and I haven't yet read it, it was suggested by two different people on a forum I'm on for Christians who accept evolution:  When Whales Walked

• Like 2

Another suggested one that looks good....Science Geek Sam.

"When a meteorite crashes into Sam's school bike shed, his class have a LOT of questions about space, the universe, and life on earth. But can they believe in God AND the Big Bang? They make some cool discoveries that show them that, surprisingly, the answer is a clear yes. A fact-filled and thought-provoking story that will make you chuckle."

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/science-geek-sam-and-his-secret-logbook-cees-dekker/1128217764