Menu

Analytical Grammar is being revised and updated!

KeriJ

Did they take out the diagramming or am I just missing it because it doesn't happen to be in the sample lesson I saw?

**Editing to add:  I think it's just that the sample lesson they have up is about pronouns which is before the subject and predicates lesson so I'll assume that the diagramming starts in that lesson. **

Edited by Tenaj
answered my own question?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, countrymum said:

I liked the old so thanks for the heads up ... I'm set now with digital student books to cover us all;) I love the season schedule and the update lost this:(

I also like the simplicity of the old.  I have been using it with my kids for yrs.  The sentences are simple enough for mastering concepts but complex enough where they actually have to understand vs. just guessing a pattern.)  

• Like 2

The longer I looked at it, and after emailing the company, all that is different is just physical.  The 5 levels are nothing more than JAG, JAG Mechanics, Season 1, Season 2, Season 3.  Nothing else has changed except new fonts, layouts etc., and the fact that they separated the original AG into 3 separate books as opposed to 3 seasons in one book.  I compared table of contents and sample lessons.  I don't see any other differences.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, countrymum said:

Yes that's what I found out too. Except they the last 3 former seasons are now divided into a year's worth of lessons each year....so not as condensed....

At least that what I saw.

I'm still not sure.  The table of contents in each of the books contains the exact same number of lessons that were in each season before.  And it looks like each lesson still follows the same format of  3 practice pages, enrichment, and a test.  I'm not convinced each book lasts a full year.

I got this reply to my email asking about scheduling of the new analytical grammar. 

"It is no longer a three-season schedule. Each book can be done in the amount of weeks to match the number of lessons.

Book One is 11 weeks. Book Two is 16 weeks. Book Three has a 30 week schedule Book Four has a 26 week schedule Book Five has a 29 week schedule."

I'm not sure how they divided up for the new lessons so maybe they just split up the old ones?.... I just got PDF student stuff for the rest of my kids so I didn't have to think about it;) 

15 hours ago, countrymum said:

I got this reply to my email asking about scheduling of the new analytical grammar. 

"It is no longer a three-season schedule. Each book can be done in the amount of weeks to match the number of lessons.

Book One is 11 weeks. Book Two is 16 weeks. Book Three has a 30 week schedule Book Four has a 26 week schedule Book Five has a 29 week schedule."

I'm not sure how they divided up for the new lessons so maybe they just split up the old ones?.... I just got PDF student stuff for the rest of my kids so I didn't have to think about it;) 

Interesting. That seems different than the response I got. Thank you!

eta: the response I got was that the number of lessons would match the table of contents for each level as shown on the website. The numbers you listed aren't the number of lessons shown on the website. It looks like what they list as a table of contents is instead just a list of subjects.

Edited by KeriJ

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2023 at 6:50 PM, countrymum said:

I liked the old so thanks for the heads up ... I'm set now with digital student books to cover us all;) I love the season schedule and the update lost this:(

I just bought the old AG for a class but I would love to get a copy of the PDF since my son has a writing disability and will need to type it all.  Would you know how to find it or be willing to share with proof of purchase?  I think I will end up scanning each assignment if I cannot find it.......sigh.

• 11 months later...

For those that got digital student books,  could you share where and how you got them? I need it for my youngest and can't find the student workbook anywhere. Thanks in advance!