Menu

Science and Math Online

We've been using TPS for math and science for almost 10 years.  But we've really stayed for 3 specific teachers; Mrs. Selby, Mrs. Crosby, and Mrs. OHearn.  There've been so many changes at TPS the last 3 years and now Mrs. Selby is leaving. She and her daughter are starting their own school and Mrs. Selby is teaching Chemistry at Berean Builders so we'll be sticking with Mrs. Selby for science.  But we need to find another great online math teacher.   TPS is intolerable now.  Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Derek Owens is excellent and not as expensive. Self-paced/asynchronous, though.

@Jann in TX and @mom31257 both teach live online. 

We have friends with high standards for math instruction (hard sciences PhD’s) who are very pleased with Highschool Math Live. 

Mr. D is popular. Not sure how rigorous? 

Edited by ScoutTN

Could you PM me about the changes at TPS? I think I might be hitting the same wall and I thought it was just me.

As far as recommendations, we have used Derek Owens for Physics and I thought it was good (light on labs, but you can add those).

Otherwise, agreeing that asking on the High School board is wise.  

Some people have used Blue Tent for math, but I don't know much about it. We've done all our math at home but will be using Derek Owens next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you share what you're finding unworkable at TPS?  Please, please PM me if you don't want to share on the forum.  We have some decision-making that needs to happen ASAP for next year that TPS was going to be a part of and I'd love to know what you feel has changed or doesn't work.