Menu

International Wire Transfer (WorldRemit) suggestions please

amyx4

I am trying to purchase a medical device from a company in Germany.  My local credit union was unhelpful. The large bank that we use for our credit card and mortgage said I need a savings or checking account with them.

The German company suggested WorldRemit. I created an account but I am unable to find a way to send money to Germany. WorldRemit has lots of countries listed but I cannot find Germany. I can only contact customer service by phone if I've started a transaction.

If anyone on the boards could suggest anything I would be beyond thankful. 

I use worldremit and xoom. World remit had better rates to the country I Use. Once you log in, you will check tranfer and then fill in the information of the company- they will ask for bank account, sort code or routing number, telephone number address etcYou fill all that is and then the amount and they all charge a transfer fee. It is about the same with xoom only that xoom allows PayPal cross transfer. 

You could do a wire transfer through your bank, although that will have a fee.  Also, most banks these days partner with a money-transfer app, like Venmo or others.  That could work if you both share the same app.  I've also used PayPal to pay for things internationally, like airbnb's.