Menu

September Healthy Eating

Selkie

21 rainbow    🌈 

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt, bone broth 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, chocolate squares with cherries 

snack-  goat cheese with apricot and mango 

dinner- gf mac and cheese with broccoli, mixed fruit cup with pineapple, pears and peaches 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 3

Friday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with ayocote morado beans, pomegranate, cantaloupe, pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, kiwi, mango, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (mixed lettuces). Whole grain pita with random odds and ends from the fridge -  roast eggplant & beets, red onion, jalapeños, shredded cabbage, cashew mayo, mustard, a little guacamole.

Dinner - Sushi (nori, tofu, avocado, brown rice, carrot, cucumber, scallions, shredded cabbage, panko, black sesame seeds).

Dessert - Chocolate hazelnut nice cream.

• Like 2

Friday

Breakfast--2 bananas, then later 2 eggs with a dribble of salsa for flavor, also a clementine

Lunch--tea (S), reuben sandwich fixings (corned beef, salsa, dressing) on corn tortillas (to be gluten free)

Dinner--quinoa, pork tenderloin, pineapple

Snack--dark chocolate, later shared popcorn with dh, plus a tiny scoop of df chocolate ice cream while we watched a movie

• Like 2

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, kiwi, banana, apple, plum, Asian pear, passion fruit, pomegranate, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (kale, spinach, arugula, chard). Whole grain pita with tofu, roasted eggplant & beets, red onion, tomatoes, cashew mayo, mustard.

Dinner - Leftover tofu/veggie sushi and a bowl of creamy southwestern soup.

• Like 1

22 rainbow 🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, chocolate squares

snack- apple slices with almond butter 

dinner- gf df vegetarian pad Thai with broccoli, tofu, red peppers, peanuts , mixed fruit cup with pineapple, pears and peaches 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 1

So thankful to get a good night's sleep.

Breakfast--oatmeal with berries and cashew milk, also a splash of maple syrup

Lunch--lamb stirfry on rice

Snack--handful of chips, dark chocolate date-nut bites. No issues with the chocolate treats--those are literally just dates, walnuts, and super-dark chocolate. Decadent and delicious, and I had only a few. But the salt cravings always strike, and with my pinched nerve I am mostly avoiding cooking. (Left hand too numb and too many fine movements of my head, shoulder). Between that and being spacey from the meds I am taking, it's altogether too easy to grab a handful of chips. I think I'd better come up with a specific alternative at Whole Foods.

Dinner--Chicken with a lovely lemon and fresh thyme reduction, also rice, broccoli, and a gorgeous salad. 

• Like 2

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with Dominican beans, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, plum, apple, pear, kiwi, mango, passion fruit, pomegranate, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (kale, lettuces, arugula). Whole grain pita with roasted beets, red onion, cucumelons, tomatoes, cauliflower, Greek vinaigrette. A G-BOMBS bar.

Dinner - BBQ tofu wraps (spinach-kale wrap, tofu, red onion, pickles, cashew mayo, mustard). Purple potato oven fries and steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, corn, water chestnuts, carrots).

• Like 3

23 rainbow 🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, chocolate squares

snack- mixed fruit cup with peach, pineapple and pears 

dinner- pork chop, brown rice, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Breakfast--eggs, blueberries, tea (NS)

Lunch--peanuts first in the car because we had errands after church, then later leftover lamb stirfry at home (lamb, onions, peppers, potatoes, carrots, rice)

Snack--the inevitable handful of chips, an apple, cherries

Dinner--chicken stirfry this time (chicken, peppers, onions, capers, rice), also a fruit smoothie dh made from pineapple and a zillion other fruits

Enjoyed a small scoop of oatmilk ice cream while watching a show with DH.

• Like 2

I've not been posting on here but doing my version of a food journal. 

My goals:

1) more fresh fruits and veggies 

2) balance protein/carbs/fat

3) adding on--- avoiding dairy--- I did this for years but have struggled when I try to do it lately. I'm usually dairy lite but want to try to go back to df. It seems it interferes with my sleep at times and I've been suspicious of it causing some sinus build up, which I don't need in prime allergy season

today's plan:

1: egg/veggie/ turkey bacon omlette on corn torillas

2: smoothie--- df protein powder/ asstd fruit/pb/flax/gf oats

3: bibimbap-- rice/seasoned ground beef/carrots/spinach/baby bok choy w/ shallots and garlic- a few squares dark choc w/ almonds

4: honey sesame chicken w/ snap peas and broccoli + sweet potato; df ice cream bar? 

some more fruit in there

Need to do some food prep--- soak some chickpeas for falafels for lunches-- I don't usually have such a big lunch as today except I have leftovers and nothing else prepped.

And I need to make some type of freezer pops for the girls with the yogurt I'm not eating.

• Like 3

Monday

No chips today, cha-ching.

Breakfast--tea (S), oatmeal with fruit and a splash of maple syrup

Lunch--2 smallish bananas, rice, chicken thigh

Snack--More of a second lunch, really. Both breakfast and the "official" lunch had been extremely small portions, rushed before teaching a class and before helping a friend. So later had some potatoes and a bunless burger patty with lettuce and tomato, absolutely craving the protein. Threw in a few slices of bacon also. 

Dinner--Grilled salmon stirfry with multitudinous vegetables, also a salad. 

• Like 2

Monday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with ayocote morado beans, kiwi, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, mango, apple, pear, pomegranate, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (chicory, kale, chard). Leftover tofu/veggie sushi.

Dinner - BBQ tofu wraps with mashed avocado, pickles, red onions, mustard. Japanese sweet potato oven fries and steamed broccoli.

• Like 2

24 rainbow  🌈 

snack- mixed fruit cup with peach, pineapple and pears 

dinner- ground beef, onions, broccoli, red, yellow and orange bell peppers, sugar snap peas, purple cabbage, celery, baby bok choy, mushrooms, carrots; brown rice 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with black ayocote beans, passionfruit, pomegranate, kiwi, mango, apple, pear, blueberries, strawberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (kale, spinach, chicory). Whole grain pita with roasted beets & mushrooms, scallions, tomatoes, avocado, Greek vinaigrette.

Dinner - Beet/carrot/red onion burger wrap with avocado, red onion, pickles, sriracha, mustard. Salad greens (lettuces and arugula) with sweet potato, radishes, beets, broccoli, snap peas, carrots, water chestnuts, Mediterranean olive dressing.

• Like 2

25 rainbow  🌈 

snack- the greenest banana I could find (resistant starch) and almond butter 

dinner- salmon, pineapple, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli ; brown rice.  I bought these gluten free raspberry linzer cookies.  I had a couple and they are just “ok”  I am a bit disappointed  

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Broccoli microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, passion fruit, pomegranate, kiwi, mango, cherries, apple, pear, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big mixing bowl salad with arugula, lettuces, cherry tomatoes, edamame, cauliflower, blackberries, cucamelons, beets, mushrooms, scallions, sweet potato, a diced spinach/kale/broccoli/bean burger, Greek vinaigrette.

Dinner - Butternut and mushroom ravioli with veggies (broccoli, spinach, carrots, edamame, snap peas) and marinara.

• Like 2

Day 1 dairy free  I have been cow’s milk free for awhile but have been eating goat cheese.  I have decided to do a six week (42 day) totally dairy free challenge to see if my allergies will get better  

26 rainbow  🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate squares (vegan)

snack- strawberry jello, one gf raspberry linzer cookie

dinner- Vietnamese rice noodle “salad “,  grill chicken, scallions, daikon, carrots, lettuce, rice vermicelli, chili peppers, Thai basil; banana 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Day 2 dairy  free  

27 rainbow  🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, raspberries with chocolate squares (vegan)

snack- green banana 

dinner- Keto meatballs (ground beef, gf panko, spices and herbs, vegan “Parmesan “), roasted carrots, yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, purple cabbage, sugar snap peas, onions, mushrooms; brown rice 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Broccoli and kale microgreens with watercress. Muesli with black ayocote beans, Asian pear, apple, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, mango, cherries, pomegranate, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (kale, chard, spinach). Whole grain pita with roasted mushrooms & beets, red onion, cucamelons, edamame, tomatoes, radishes, cashew mayo, mustard, Greek vinaigrette. A walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar.

Dinner - Thai curry Brussels sprout soup - this is the first recipe I ever made from Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures, four years ago. One of our all time faves. Ingredients include Brussels sprouts, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, ginger, red curry paste, sweet potato, beans (I used borlotti and butter beans), light coconut milk, lime juice, carrots, spinach, spices. Added some roasted mushrooms, too.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Day 1 dairy free  I have been cow’s milk free for awhile but have been eating goat cheese.  I have decided to do a six week (42 day) totally dairy free challenge to see if my allergies will get better  

26 rainbow  🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate squares (vegan)

snack- strawberry jello, one gf raspberry linzer cookie

dinner- Vietnamese rice noodle “salad “,  grill chicken, scallions, daikon, carrots, lettuce, rice vermicelli, chili peppers, Thai basil; banana 

hard boiled eggs 

I had to learn to live without dairy a couple years ago, and honestly I still really miss good cheese. That said, here are some things I find helpful (though I strongly suspect you know all this):

--Elmhurst brand nut milks are free of additives and they taste really good. I think they are some of the healthiest available.

--Earth Balance vegan butter. 

--Bake with either soy milk or coconut milk for fluffy results. 

--Kite Hill cream cheese is the best cheese equivalent I have found. I also like their ricotta. (I think we connected on that point previously.)

--I also like Kite Hill plain almond milk yogurt.

--When I want a creamy result in a savory dish, I use either unsweetened cashew milk or egg yolks. (Soy milk is sweet and distinctive, and almond milk also has a unique taste that overpowers.) To make a sauce or soup with egg yolks to give it a creamy mouthfeel and taste, separate yolks into a bowl. Drizzle in hot broth while whisking vigorously to emulsify. Do this with 2-3 ladles full. Then do the opposite--drizzle the emulsified egg/broth mixture into the larger pot/pan while whisking or stirring. Do not boil. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harriet Vane said:

I had to learn to live without dairy a couple years ago, and honestly I still really miss good cheese. That said, here are some things I find helpful (though I strongly suspect you know all this):

--Elmhurst brand nut milks are free of additives and they taste really good. I think they are some of the healthiest available.

--Earth Balance vegan butter. 

--Bake with either soy milk or coconut milk for fluffy results. 

--Kite Hill cream cheese is the best cheese equivalent I have found. I also like their ricotta. (I think we connected on that point previously.)

--I also like Kite Hill plain almond milk yogurt.

--When I want a creamy result in a savory dish, I use either unsweetened cashew milk or egg yolks. (Soy milk is sweet and distinctive, and almond milk also has a unique taste that overpowers.) To make a sauce or soup with egg yolks to give it a creamy mouthfeel and taste, separate yolks into a bowl. Drizzle in hot broth while whisking vigorously to emulsify. Do this with 2-3 ladles full. Then do the opposite--drizzle the emulsified egg/broth mixture into the larger pot/pan while whisking or stirring. Do not boil. 

Thanks. Dh is already confirmed allergic to dairy so family meals have been dairy free for years. I was just  having some goat cheese at lunch and when I go out to eat. So I don’t have to change much. I just have a bad attitude about it. 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Thanks. Dh is already confirmed allergic to dairy so family meals have been dairy free for years. I was just  having some goat cheese at lunch and when I go out to eat. So I don’t have to change much. I just have a bad attitude about it. 😉 

I completely understand having a bad attitude about it. I feel exactly the same. Warm hugs for you in this crossroads.

• Thanks 1

Friday - 

Breakfast - Broccoli microgreens and watercress. Muesli with Dominican beans, mango, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, pomegranate, passion fruit, kiwi, Asian pear, apple, Mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (lettuces, arugula, frisée). Whole grain pita with roasted veggies (eggplant, baby summer squash, mushrooms), red onion, tomatoes, cashew mayo, mustard.

Dinner - Leftover Thai red curry Brussels sprout soup. Two “Not-a-cookies” from WFPB meal prep service (oats, dates, raisins, sunflower seeds, walnuts, chickpea & almond flour, cacao, spices).

• Like 2

Friday

Breakfast--GF pumpkin muffins with EB butter; coffee with oatmilk and a splash of maple syrup

Lunch and snack--Weird day with many small nibbles and not really a proper sit-down. I ate breakfast super late. Joined dh when he came up for lunch and nibbled at some chips and enjoyed some cherries. Later 2 bananas (they were small). Then a handful of gf veg-flour crackers with some df yoghurt.

Dinner--Dh scrambled up a lovely mishmash of chicken, onion, eggplant, sweet potato, red pepper, and garlic. Anything with sweet potato tastes so decadent.

• Like 2

Day 3 dairy free  

28 rainbow  🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, cherries with chocolate squares (vegan)

snack- green banana, mixed fruit cup with peach, pineapple and pears 

dinner- Dinner at Olive Garden:  grilled coho salmon, broccoli 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Saturday -

Breakfast - Broccoli microgreens and watercress. Muesli with black ayocote beans, kiwi, apple, Asian pear, blueberries, strawberries, mango, cherries, pomegranate, passion fruit, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (kale, spinach, chard, frisée). Whole grain pita with roasted summer squash and mushrooms, scallions, cashew mayo, mustard.

Dinner - Summer rolls (rice paper, brown rice noodles, tofu, avocado, scallions, cucumber, carrots, cabbage) with sesame peanut dipping sauce.

Dessert - Chocolate hazelnut nice cream with coconut sprinkles.

• Like 2

Day 4 dairy free   

29 rainbow  🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, cherries with chocolate squares (vegan)

snack-, mixed fruit cup with peach, pineapple and pears 

dinner- ground beef, onions, broccoli, red, yellow and orange bell peppers, sugar snap peas, purple cabbage, celery, baby bok choy, mushrooms, carrots

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Saturday

Breakfast--scrambled eggs with a bit of ham for flavor, tea (NS)

Lunch--reuben tacos (Kite Hill cream cheese, corned beef, sauerkraut, a dribble of dressing, on corn tortillas to be gf), also a banana

Snack--veg-flour snack chips and some dark chocolate

Dinner--veg stirfry (just veg, no rice), also some gf pumpkin muffins made from almond flour

• Like 2

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Broccoli microgreens and watercress. Muesli with soybeans, cherries, passion fruit, pomegranate, blueberries, strawberries, apple, Asian pear, mango, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (lettuces and shredded Brussels sprouts). Bowl with quinoa, black beans, edamame, sweet potato, eggplant, summer squash, mushrooms, scallions, red bell pepper, pumpkin seeds, WFPB Mediterranean olive dressing.

Dinner - Leftover tofu/veggie summer rolls and strawberries.

• Like 2

Busted my dairy free streak  let’s see if it makes a difference  

30 rainbow  🌈 

lunch- salad- Shredded romaine, smoked gouda, roasted turkey, salami, chopped tomato and garbanzo beans with white balsamic vinaigrette and grated parmesan

snack-, two squares of chocolate with raspberries 

dinner- lettuce wrap burger with Beecher’s white cheddar, onion, tomato , gf sweet potato fries 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Monday - 

Breakfast - Daikon, broccoli, and cabbage microgreens. Muesli with ayocote morado beans, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate, passion fruit, kiwi, mango, apple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (lettuces, kale, chard, shredded Brussels sprouts). Bowl with quinoa, black beans, edamame, sweet potato, red bell pepper, eggplant, summer squash, beets, scallions, pumpkin seeds, WFPB Mediterranean olive dressing. A vanilla carob WellBean bar.

Dinner - Tacos (corn tortillas, brown rice, chickpeas, tofu, spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower, guacamole, cashew sour cream, scallions, shredded cabbage, jalapeños, salsa, cilantro).

• Like 2

Monday

Breakfast and lunch--Went to bed late and slept late, then hit work before eating. I had some leftover chicken with veg and sweet potatoes. 

Snack--dark chocolate, veggie crackers (made from a veg-flour blend), later a banana

Dinner--steak, roast potato, roast cauliflower, onions

Edited to add--I forgot the nearly-constant tea today. One cup with sugar, the rest without.

Edited by Harriet Vane
  • Like 2

Day 1 dairy free (starting again)

31 rainbow   🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate squares with raspberries 

snack-, banana and a few green grapes  

dinner- chicken, yellow bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, bok choy, carrots, mung bean sprouts, soy sauce, eggs 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Tuesday

Breakfast--2 slices deli ham and 2 bananas grabbed on my way out to an appointment.

Lunch--Curried chicken salad with gf crackers, tea (S)

Dinner--GF DF pizza with a vast assortment of veg and meats. We ordered pizza because we had a coupon, but unfortunately it didn't feel worth it as mine was not that great. I am reluctant to face it, but I think the only way I'll ever get a decent pizza with my issues will be to make it myself. 

Snack--grapes, chocolate

• Like 2

Day 2 dairy free 

32 rainbow   🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate squares with raspberries 

snack-, cranberries, almonds. Babybel has come out with a vegan version. Tastes remarkably like the dairy version. But coconut oil based. Not sure about that part.  

dinner- leftover  Keto meatballs (ground beef, gf panko, spices and herbs, vegan “Parmesan “), roasted carrots, yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, purple cabbage, sugar snap peas, onions, mushrooms; dark cherry flaxseed brownie bite

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - A WellBean bar while running errands. Cabbage, daikon, and broccoli microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, banana, apple, kiwi, mango, cherries, pomegranate, blueberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (kale, spinach, chard, tatsoi). Bowl with quinoa, black beans, pumpkin seeds, sweet potato, red bell pepper, edamame, eggplant, summer squash, radishes, tomatoes, scallions, WFPB 1000 Island.

Dinner - Artichoke with Greek vinaigrette. Leftover tacos (corn tortillas, roasted cauliflower, brown rice, chickpeas, mushrooms, spinach, tofu, scallions, guacamole, cashew sour cream, jalapeños, shredded cabbage, cilantro, salsa).

• Like 2

ugh  Just realized that I had cheese in my dinner  oops  

33 rainbow   🌈 

snack-,  Happy Hour at the local ice cream shop. I got a dairy free, gluten free scoop of Cookies and Cream.

dinner- gf Mac and cheese with kale, asparagus, carrots and corn  

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Cabbage, daikon, and broccoli microgreens. Muesli with ayocote morado beans, guava, banana, passion fruit, pomegranate, blueberries, mango, cherries, kiwi, apple, pear, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (kale, lettuces, frisée). Two leftover veggie/tofu summer rolls and a bowl with odds and ends from the fridge: Roasted cauliflower & eggplant, brown rice, tofu, edamame, scallions, jalapeños, shredded cabbage, guacamole, cilantro.

Dinner - Artichoke with Greek vinaigrette. Whole grain pita with chickpea salad (chickpeas, cashew mayo, onions, pickles, celery, garlic, spices) and greens. Baked beans (WFPB version: Navy beans, onion, garlic, tomato paste, spices).

• Like 2

@Jean in Newcastle So often when we think we're following all the rules, something slips under the radar. Don't beat yourself up--just keep on keeping on. You're doing great.

Wednesday:

Breakfast--small bowl of low-sugar granola, tea (S)

Lunch--Curried chicken salad with rice crackers, grapes

Snack--GF breakfast muffin, also a gf mini donut (stopped at my favorite gf bakery on my way home from the doctor)

Dinner--Big salad with lots of veg plus some chicken, also shared a small bowl of popcorn with dh later

• Like 2

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with broccoli and daikon microgreens. Muesli with black ayocote beans, figs, guava, kiwi, passion fruit, banana, apple, pear, pomegranate, pineapple, mango, cherries, blueberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (kale, arugula). Whole grain pita with cashew mayo, mustard, shredded Brussels sprouts, cucumber, tomato, red onion, edamame.

Dinner - I made one of my crockpot concoction soups. Ingredients included (and I’m sure I’m forgetting some) green and yellow split peas, brown and red lentils, red beans, pinto beans, barley, oat groats, wheat berries, rye, buckwheat, leeks, garlic, carrots, mixed wild mushrooms, baby potatoes, kale, diced tomatoes, veggie broth, spices, cashew cream. Also had an artichoke.

• Like 2

Thursday

Breakfast--A proper fry today. Eggs and potatoes and ham. 

Lunch--Rice noodle ramen and an apple.

Dinner--Fish (orange roughy) with lemon-caper sauce, quinoa, broccoli, and a fabulous salad. Again amazed by how easy it is to whip up a fancy sauce that's tasty and healthy. This one was olive oil, onion, lemon juice, vegetable broth, capers, one egg yolk and a teaspoon of arrowroot powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Bursting with flavor and wonderfully velvety. 

Snack--handful of veg-flour crackers and a square of dark chocolate.

• Like 2

Thursday 

Day 1 dairy free 

34 rainbow   🌈 

snack-,  Mixed fruit cup with peach, pears and pineapple 

dinner- gf Japanese chicken curry that I made up from two different recipes and then tweaked (gf curry roux, yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, onions, bell peppers of all colors, sugar snap peas, cabbage), brown rice, chocolate squares 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Friday - last day of September!

Breakfast - Watercress and mixed microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, dragon fruit, banana, pomegranate, Asian pear, apple, kiwi, guava, figs, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Greens (lettuces, spinach, kale). Whole grain pita with roasted beets and cauliflower, red onion, tomato, edamame, shredded Brussels sprouts, cashew mayo, mustard. Pineapple and cantaloupe.

Dinner - Pizza with Japanese eggplant (Not a traditional pizza with sauce and cheese. It was just whole wheat crust with thinly sliced eggplant, garlic, and herbs - very delicious).

• Like 2

Oops busted the dairy free “streak “  after just one day  

35 rainbow   🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, pickled daikon and eggplant, chocolate squares with raspberries 

snack-,  Mixed fruit cup with peaches, pineapple and pears 

dinner- gf toast, marionberry jam, bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs;  df gf pumpkin ice cream; hot  chocolate (which is where the dairy came into play)

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Breakfast—2 slices ham and an apple on my way out the door to PT

Lunch—chicken with salsa and hummus, scooped up with corn chips, also an orange

Snack—dark chocolate 

Dinner—Completely weird set of mini-meals. First a small bowl of low-sugar granola to tide me over while dh and I were out running errands. Then a ChickFilA grilled chicken on gf bun, also shared some fries. Later I ate 2 eggs and a banana. Looking over the day, I don’t think much of all the grab-and-go. 

• Like 2

Day 1 dairy free 

36 rainbow   🌈 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, pickled daikon and eggplant, chocolate squares with cranberries 

snack-,  Mixed fruit cup with peaches, pineapple and pears 

dinner- leftover gf Japanese curry (gf curry roux, yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, onions, bell peppers of all colors, sugar snap peas, cabbage), brown rice, 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 1