Menu

Using the Memory Work Book * Co-ops* When any of you start to use it in a group....

SonshineLearner

Hi There,

I already posted this in one of the threads about the New Memory Book by Andrew Campbell. But, I wanted to start a thread in case there are already LCC co-ops, that I just don't know about:-)

I'm pretty sure that there will be groups that start using this workbook, in a cycle type way, with their students.

When this starts happening, let's start to post here, hopefully in the same thread...to share information.

I can see groups really using this to have that positive peer pressure to learn all of this important information.

Also, are there already LCC co-ops that I don't know about? I'm interested in hearing any information about co-ops that are structured, using LCC.

Thanks!

Carrie:-)

thanks for this post! I have spent the past few weeks researching classical conversations - with the goal of creating something similar only using Campbell's book as the spine. I was thrilled to see his book is out - as I have been hoping to get a group together for next year, and was just waiting to hear the latest on the release of the book. I would love to hear what others are doing - I like the accountability concept of CC - but do not care for the emphasis on memorizing with music, so I have not pursued joining a local CC. I will keep you updated on what ends up happening - hopefully my book with arrive before Christmas!!!

I'll be the first to place my order for a Plaid Dad groupie t-shirt. :lol::lol:

I have found another poster here that is doing the same grade and uses LCC. We bounce ideas off of each other quite a bit, seeing how we've tweaked for our individual families. While our dc don't yet interact, it's kind of a virtual co-op for us.

I have found another poster here that is doing the same grade and uses LCC. We bounce ideas off of each other quite a bit, seeing how we've tweaked for our individual families. While our dc don't yet interact, it's kind of a virtual co-op for us.

Isn't that awesome? There's one poster here whose kids are a few months younger than each of mine and she leans to LCC. She lives nearby, too. When we see each other, we bring bags of books. Her kids are way cooler than mine, though.

Yep, and yep on the Hey Andrew for the 8yo. It's going well, slow but steady. In addition to learning the alphabet, we occasionally make ourselves vocabulary sheets and memorize them. Well, okay, we've done that once, for numbers. Next it will be colors. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

ETA: Oops, missed a Q. It takes 10 minutes to do two sides of a worksheet in the Level 2 book, and we do it first thing in the morning, often during breakfast.

Wow, thanks for the beautiful review. I do with it was a bit graded, but it's kinda in order of what would be memorized, right? And that's sorta graded...maybe? I do have the old LCC book; would having the new one help at all? And, even if only half the book is useable, it's worth $25:-)

Also, the rest of your blog is beautiful, too! I saw the wedding blessing for your parents; how special that they've already made it this long! What type of Orthodox? Greek? I've been to a few Orthodox churches, which I love, except for when they get a little crazy with the incense which makes me sneeze nonstop:-)

Carrie:-)

The newer LCC gives more specific reference to which things to memorize, but as I said, the book is ordered by difficulty, so you can just slowly go through it in order, or you can pick and choose (especially in sections like the history where you would want to select pieces that correlate with your current period of study). The math and grammar sections would pretty much be done in order.

Thanks for the compliment on the blog - I am under the Antiochian Archdiocese - and as for incense, it's funny, most of the time it does not bother me, but there is one acolyte who goes a little crazy when he is preparing the censor, and on those days I often have to take a few steps back! :)