Menu

Highschool Zoology course

2 hours ago, cintinative said:

Wow, that's cool! Thanks!

I have two good Zoology textbooks. One we used bits and pieces of for a middle grades zoology year, and the other is waiting for the animal whisperer to grow into high school. I bought them both used and inexpensive. 

The one just called Zoology by Miller seems pretty standard high school level. This is the one we actually used parts of.

Integrated Principles of Zoology by Hickman is more dense and challenging. I'd say upper level high school. 

For hands on I'd rely on local zoos, Audubon Society, herpetological center, etc. 

Edited by SilverMoon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cintinative said:

These were in the High School Motherlode thread. I haven't read them. 

Zoology (Animals)
High school level Zoology -- Oct 24 2017, FindingMyWay
High school Zoology -- Apr 15 2015, Psittacula

3 hours ago, seemesew said:

Thanks! I'm afraid the links don't work anymore in most of the posts but it did give me some ideas :0)

FYI: This website system does not allow for copy-pasting a link that is already a copy/link, as it breaks the link. (Sort of like trying to photocopy a photocopy of a photo -- it trashes the image. 😉 )

You have to go to the original link (in this case, PAGE 5 of the big pinned thread "High School Motherlode #2), click on the specific link to the past thread, OR, when clicking on/opening the thread from the link in the big pinned thread, copy that original thread's URL into a new post to make a new clickable which is what I've done for you here:

"High School level Zoology" -- Oct. 24, 2017, FindingMyWay
"High School Zoology" -- Apr 15 2015, Psittacula

Hope that helps. 😄 

ETA -- oops! I misread your post @seemesew -- I see now that you mean that most of the links in those older thread posts are what no longer work. Sorry about that! 

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...