Menu

Car Accident Update: Advice and Experiences Welcome

Slache

Accident was in February,  we have had the car for almost a month.

It started shimmying so he drove it home, made a maintenance appointment and we haven't touched it in two days. Today he went to take it to the appointment and it's completely dead. The hood doesn't open. He's calling the body shop that did the work now.

• Sad 14

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Accident was in February,  we have had the car for almost a month.

It started shimmying so he drove it home, made a maintenance appointment and we haven't touched it in two days. Today he went to take it to the appointment and it's completely dead. The hood doesn't open. He's calling the body shop that did the work now.

Does it make a "click" noise when you turn the key or anything, or just nothing?  The last time my van was totally unresponsive, it was a fuse.  Super easy to fix, once you have replacement fuses and know which fuse to fix.  However, I don't think the van was doing anything weird beforehand.  Praying they can fix it quickly!

14 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Does it make a "click" noise when you turn the key or anything, or just nothing?  The last time my van was totally unresponsive, it was a fuse.  Super easy to fix, once you have replacement fuses and know which fuse to fix.  However, I don't think the van was doing anything weird beforehand.  Praying they can fix it quickly!

I don't know, but it says "Maintenance required" on the dash.

What did the body shop say? Are they willing to honor their work?

Anecdotally, ds hit something that flew down possibly from an overpass while he was heading back to college In Jan, making the car undriveable. It wasn't until the end of Feb the body shop was able to start looking at it. He got the car back, but ended up taking it in 3-4 times for things they should've caught, like connecting the washer fluid resevoir with the wipers. It was frustrating and time consuming for him, but they honored their work. I hope your body shop will do the same!

On 7/23/2022 at 7:30 AM, Tree Frog said:

What did the body shop say? Are they willing to honor their work?

Anecdotally, ds hit something that flew down possibly from an overpass while he was heading back to college In Jan, making the car undriveable. It wasn't until the end of Feb the body shop was able to start looking at it. He got the car back, but ended up taking it in 3-4 times for things they should've caught, like connecting the washer fluid resevoir with the wipers. It was frustrating and time consuming for him, but they honored their work. I hope your body shop will do the same!

They haven't looked at it yet.

6 minutes ago, Tree Frog said:

How frustrating! We have a body shop not too far from us (I think we're in the same city) we've used several times if you need another recommendation

We're going to the same one because it's stuff they should have dealt with before and to get insurance to pay for it it has to be the same.

It's fun.

Thank you.

• Like 1