Menu

Sewing machine ques

heartlikealion

I didn't want to derail the recent sewing machine thread we had. My new landlords said they found this machine in the house and I may use it when I move in. I can't tell if it's any better than my current machine, though. If it's more heavy duty than my modern plastic machine, great. But if not, or if it's in need of servicing, it won't be any use to me. By heavy duty I mean better able to handle thick materials or less fragile. 

It looks like this one I found on ebay (very small)

Just now, prairiewindmomma said:

It should be more heavy duty but with more limited features. Vintage singers are generally worth quite a bit—there is a market for them.

Just thinking I may need it for making new curtains! I have a bad habit of breaking needles on mine. The windows all look like different sizes than what I have here and I won't be able to really use the curtains I have. 

7 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

I didn't want to derail the recent sewing machine thread we had. My new landlords said they found this machine in the house and I may use it when I move in. I can't tell if it's any better than my current machine, though. If it's more heavy duty than my modern plastic machine, great. But if not, or if it's in need of servicing, it won't be any use to me. By heavy duty I mean better able to handle thick materials or less fragile. 

It looks like this one I found on ebay (very small)

If it is a featherweight, they have a cult following and are small but mighty workhorses. Lucky duck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

I don’t see any writing that says that. Interesting. 

You can find the serial number and look it up. But if it has that fold up side, it is a model 222 or 221 aka the featherweight. 

https://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/serial-numbers/singer-sewing-machine-serial-number-database.html

Edited by LifeLovePassion