Menu

Dress Code for Dances in the US

Lillyfee

eShakti Custom Clothing | Women's Fashion Clothing | Sizes 0-36W Custom Dresses, Women’s Tops & Skirts - Shop eShakti

My friend had a custom dress made for her daughter here.  She raved about it and it was actually cheaper than many dresses they had looked at in stores.  I don't know if they have anything formal enough (I haven't really looked through everything) but jus thought I'd throw it out as another place to look.

Edited by cjzimmer1
  • Like 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/5/2022 at 7:26 AM, QueenCat said:

It is better to be overdressed than underdressed. 

This is exactly what I was going to say. 

I have never been invited to an affair as formal as the OP, but literally *every* time I have been told, “It doesn’t matter/it’s pretty casual,” that turns out not to be true! So, for example, if I am invited to a wedding and the MOB says it’s “casual”, unless it’s literally on a beach or in a forest grotto, I don’t believe it! 😄 I’m wearing at least a dress that passes for Sunday-best wear, if not cocktail. I have never regretted this interpretation and have only regretted it the other way. 

• Like 4

Where I come from you can always wear a dirndl. You never go wrong with a dirndl that goes a little over the knee or a long one. No matter if Sunday church, wedding, dance, birthday. It's an allrounder. You are never over or underdressed with it.

I am kind of excited now to go this ball since I have my dress :smile:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Lillyfee said:

I promised to post a pic after we went to the dance :smile:

I covered faces and name even though I dont know why but I feel most people do that here :laugh:. I found out you can do that with supercute sickers :laugh:

IMG-20220602-WA0016.jpg

The two of you look so beautiful together. The dress was a perfect choice.

• Like 1