Menu

Pricing books?

Night Elf

How much are items being marked down now? I purchased new but know I won't get anywhere near that price, but what percentage is fair? It's Biblioplan which is not easy to find used. (Yes, I'm finished reading that large textbook. And it was a lot of information!!)

Check the sold listings on eBay. That should give you some idea as to what things are currently selling for.

Many of the Amazon prices are so incredibly inflated that the books will probably never sell, so you’re better off checking eBay because those are actual sales and you can sort the listings to show the most recent sales first. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Check the sold listings on eBay. That should give you some idea as to what things are currently selling for.

Many of the Amazon prices are so incredibly inflated that the books will probably never sell, so you’re better off checking eBay because those are actual sales and you can sort the listings to show the most recent sales first. 

Oh thanks. I didn't think to check sold listings. One person just sold a 9-piece lot at a decent price. It's a lot off but if it gives me some money towards the next level I want, I'm good. That person even included a completed workbook. Should I do the same? Why would someone want to see my workbook all filled in? Yes I used pencils but that would be a lot of erasing!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Night Elf said:

Oh thanks. I didn't think to check sold listings. One person just sold a 9-piece lot at a decent price. It's a lot off but if it gives me some money towards the next level I want, I'm good. That person even included a completed workbook. Should I do the same? Why would someone want to see my workbook all filled in? Yes I used pencils but that would be a lot of erasing!

Maybe you could give people the option of taking the workbooks or not taking the workbooks as a free bonus when they buy the books. I would be sure to note in your listing that they have been completed, and add pictures showing some pages that have been filled in, so there is no doubt that these are not new workbooks.

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

Just a bit of FYI on this: sometimes the prices are inflated if the seller is willing to ship internationally.  The shipping charge doesn't necessarily cover the full amount, depending on where it goes, so additional shipping is built into the price. And it's more of a pain, so that's reflected in the price as well. 

When you have those listings, the Americans look at it like you're crazy, but the international people are often thrilled, lol. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, katilac said:

Just a bit of FYI on this: sometimes the prices are inflated if the seller is willing to ship internationally.  The shipping charge doesn't necessarily cover the full amount, depending on where it goes, so additional shipping is built into the price. And it's more of a pain, so that's reflected in the price as well. 

When you have those listings, the Americans look at it like you're crazy, but the international people are often thrilled, lol. 

Oh yes, I understand that — I just meant that those prices wouldn’t apply to the books Beth is trying to sell, because no one would ever buy them from her at those prices. I wouldn’t want her to look at an Amazon listing for a book priced at $50, when the actual current selling price on eBay is more like $10, because she might think her book was worth a lot more than it really is.

• Like 2