Menu

Prayers for some Foster Parent Friends

barnwife

If you have a moment to spare some good thoughts or prayers for a close friend and her husband, it would be wonderful. They are amazing foster parents, who have been on a long journey to foster to adopt their current foster kids. Anyway, a "final decision" was reached to allow them to adopt their foster children. Except since then, a bio relative to the children has been able to attempt to lodge 3 different appeals. Being informed of this 3rd appeal has really crushed them.

They are the only parents the kids have ever known. If you could pray for the healing of their hearts, and that whatever happens is in the bst interests of the kids, I (and they) would appreciate it!

• Like 6
  • Sad 8

Prayers said. Exceptions happen, and I wouldn’t tell them this, but it is extremely unlikely that the relative will win the appeal IME. The judge will want to know where were they when the children needed foster care? Especially if they are young and there is more than 1 child. They already have a biological family relationship in their sibling.

I’ve had a situation with a child in my home who filed court appeals and who told the biological mom that they wanted the child, while privately telling the social worker and the judge that they didn’t know if they could handle the child’s medical needs and that they weren’t ready. The relative felt moral & family pressure but didn’t really want to be the child’s parent. And their partner openly resisted.