Menu

Guest Hollow Anatomy

On 3/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, RubyPenn said:

I would love to hear your experience with this curriculum.  I'm debating between this and Masterbooks Anatomy course for my senior next year. 

My junior is doing the Guest Hollow Anatomy course right now. I think it’s safe to say that it is her favorite subject this year. She’s doing it all independently. For a while, she wanted to do the reading in her spare time because she was enjoying it so much. The books have been quite fascinating, though we did leave a few of them out due to content warnings. I will say… She turned into a vegetarian after reading one of the books in the curriculum, so if that matters to you 😂😂😂

let me know if you have any additional questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, RubyPenn said:

Is there a biology review?  Are there daily videos?  My son is currently doing their Chemistry course so I wonder if it's similar.

There probably is a table of contents in the sample and that will show exactly what’s covered. 
my daughter said there are tons of videos to watch - most of the time daily - but they are all optional. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 9:30 PM, Nam2001 said:

My junior is doing the Guest Hollow Anatomy course right now. I think it’s safe to say that it is her favorite subject this year. She’s doing it all independently. For a while, she wanted to do the reading in her spare time because she was enjoying it so much. The books have been quite fascinating, though we did leave a few of them out due to content warnings. I will say… She turned into a vegetarian after reading one of the books in the curriculum, so if that matters to you 😂😂😂

let me know if you have any additional questions.

What are the required books?  I can't figure it out from their website.

• 1 month later...

What are the required books?  I can't figure it out from their website.

You can see the list of required books here: 
https://guesthollow.com/high-school-anatomy-curriculum-book-and-resource-list/
When you purchase the printable schedule, it comes with a printable version of the book list that ranks the books in order of importance, in case you wish to cull some for budget/time/interest reasons.
🙂 Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by jenn&charles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1