Menu

Update on the CAT. . .

gardenmom5

Or I could call him "That Darn Cat" like the Haily Mills Disney Movie.

He came home from the vet hospital last week - Wednesday.  (10 days?)  On five different drugs each on it's own schedule.  He's down to the Gabapentin only for pain/discomfort and inflammation.

I have worried, and wondered if he's drinking enough.  I've added water to his food since he WILL NOT drink!  So, there was a time I was cleaning the litter box twice a day  . . Took him into the vet once to be checked (fine).

Now . . . . 

He's jumping up where I'm working and trying to take over and claiming what i'm working on as his own.  He's biting my toes, and swatting my arms. This is how he communicates I'm falling down on the job of serving him.  He's done more walking on the counters than before.  He sits at the door and cries to go outside.  (not until I'm convinced cat . . .. and definitely not while you're on gabapentin! )

I've started allowing him out on our 'balcony' where he can look down on the yard.  He jumped from it once last summer . . I don't think he's terrible keen to do that one again . . .  this was today -  he pokes his head through the gaps, and stares longingly at the fertile ground below . . . .

20220212_151512.jpg

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• gardenmom5 changed the title to Update on the CAT. . .