Menu

Gingerbread Parthenon

1. Don't plan it for your kid's birthday cake.

2. If you DO plan it for your kid's birthday cake, at least read the instructions ahead of time. WAY ahead of time.

3. Start your project at least 24 hrs before you want to complete it.

4. When you look at the instructions in the SOTW 1 AG guide & feel like something's missing, it is.

5. Don't wait until 4:30PM on Friday to call PHP for the missing instructions. The editors have all gone home, & by Mon, nobody will understand your mssg, & your party (I told you not to plan this for a party!) will be over anyway.

6. But what's missing is NOT instructions on how to build a 3-D parthenon. (I forget what's missing, but it was relatively self-explanatory.)

7. Make extra gingerbread for smashing in frustration if you do go for the 3-D version.

8. Lots of that sugar-glue stuff. Lots of patience. Just tell family to duck now. (I don't throw stuff when I get frustrated. Ever. Except when building gingerbread Parthena.)

9. Take pics quickly from whatever angle you want.

10. Go in the other room when someone suggests eating it. Breathe. Count to 10. Then smile when you remember what the sugar-glue stuff will do to their mouths.

I don't do gingerbread - it never works well for either of us. :glare:

However, those graham cracker sticks and canned vanilla frosting are great for projects. Here is a link to some pictures of the one we did last year.

I gave her a picture of the real Parthenon, and the supplies and let her loose. The younger made something large and sticky and had fun too. Easy cheesy.