Menu

Need covid exposure help

JustEm

What is the protocol for testing if we've been exposed to covid?  Dd, myself, 1 niece and 2 nephews were likely in contact with this person every day from last wed to sunday. They don't think they were having symptoms during that time but it was a crazy Nutcracker production week with 3 performances so I would think symptoms could have been present but just mistaken as exhaustion and stress until the performances were done. They were masked the entire time and are fully vaccinated.  We are fully vaccinated and masked the whole time minus when the kids were on stage, so 30 minutes each day max. 

Should we test now, wait and see if we have symptoms?  We have done tests because they were required to participate in things but haven't had to test because of exposure.  Thanks

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

I’m so sorry!  Dealing with similar questions in another thread tonight.

Are people meaning fully vaccinated if the person is within the initial 6 months of 2nd shot or with a booster?  I considered my guys fully vaccinated until the 6th when their 6 months was up…

not sure. I know that we are fully vaccinated as in within the initial 6 months of 2nd shot.  not what the person who has it means because we don't actually know who it is, just the info that the director of the dance school is sharing

1 hour ago, Harriet Vane said:

Since first contact was Wed, I would rapid test now, then PCR on Thurs when it is officially 5 days from Sun exposure.

1 hour ago, freesia said:

Testing for fully vaccinated is 5-7 days with a PCR. 

Thank you, this was the info I was looking for.  we will get a pcr test on thurs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SKL said:

Personally I would only test if my kids had symptoms OR were going to be around people at risk of severe Covid.

well we have to get a test in order for the kids who were in the performance and me since I was backstage helping can enter the building again. So, I might as well do it within the proper timeframe.  Plus, with Christmas gatherings starting next week for us I want to be extra cautious.

• Like 4