Menu

Impromptu Thankgiving Dinner

JustEm

In the middle of the night my 4 year old threw up.  Then he threw up again in the morning and has been reminded many times not to fart if it feels like he need to and instead use the bathroom.  My 9 year old had a stomach ache last night but has been fine since waking up.  The 11 year old has been moping on the couch all day.  

We had been planning to go to mil's house for the first indoor gathering since before the pandemic and everyone was overly excited but of course that didn't happen.  So, I sprang into Super Mom mode in order to help my kids enjoy the holiday the best they could given the circumstances.  Thankfully, the pandemic has helped me hone my skills.  

I popped the turkey in the oven right before 11am, don't ask me how I knew we would need a thawed turkey when I pulled it out earlier this week.  Then I say f* it we're putting up the Christmas tree tonight after dinner.  Ds9 accompanied me to my pet sitting house and the grocery store for ingredients to make a pumpkin pie and a cherry pie. Then he help me make both. Then I spent the next 2 hours in the kitchen making a Thanksgiving dinner I was planning on doing.  It was delicious and most kids are happy. 

Dh helped in the most important way, he took care of the sick kids and the baby. And now the kids are cleaning up dinner.  Soon we play board games and decorate for Christmas. I'm exhausted but thankful I was able to turn the holiday into a fun day at home instead of the moping that we all wanted to do when we had skip mil's house.

Edited by hjffkj
  • Like 24
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Kareni said:

SuperMom to the rescue! It sounds like a lovely day. I hope that all will soon be healthy and that all will sleep well tonight.

Which games will you play?

Regards,

Kareni

Thank you. I know we'll play Rivers, Roads, and Rails but not sure what else. Maybe Ghost Fighting Treasure Hunters or Forbidden Island.

• Like 1